International Student Recruitment Ambassador
As you may recall from your time at Imperial, travelling overseas to study can be a daunting prospect and many of our potential students and their parents or guardians will have concerns and questions about what to expect.
Volunteer role description: International student recruitmen ambassador
We are looking for alumni to share your own experience of studying at Imperial and to take this opportunity to help to inspire our future students.
During the event you will be talking individually to prospective students, applicants, offer-holders and, on occasion, parents and school counsellors who wish to know more about studying at Imperial. You will not be expected to talk in depth outside of your degree subject.
Sharing your experiences of being a student at Imperial and answering questions about moving to London and what you have done since graduating, will be invaluable to anyone who might be feeling anxious.
What to expect
There are two types of events:
- Fairs - Join a stand with an Imperial staff member and answer questions from anyone who visits the stand
- Q&As - Join a panel with other alumni and/or staff from universities, and answer questions from the floor
When you complete the application form, you will be able to see which types of events are taking place in your city, so you can decide if you would like to participate accordingly. There will be a member of staff on hand at all times to support you and for you to direct questions to regarding entry requirements, fees, funding options, or any other queries you feel unable to answer.
This role would suit somebody who…
- Has graduated from the College within the past 10 years
- Has completed the majority of their degree on campus and is able to share their experience of Imperial’s facilities and life on campus
- Has great communication skills
- Is enthusiastic about their time at Imperial and has utilised their degree and/or experience at the College to further their career
- Is comfortable sharing their personal experience of studying at Imperial and is happy to answer questions from prospective students about studying in living in London.
What are the benefits?
- (Re)connect with the College as a volunteer and learn about what’s going on at Imperial
- Meet and inspire the next generation of Imperial students
- Support the College and helps us to attract the best and brightest students
- Network with other local alumni.
How to apply
You will then be asked to complete a short form.
Once you have registered your interest, a member of the International Student Recruitment Team will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail and to answer any questions you may have.