Training, support and recognition
Training 1: Creating Confident and Positive Interactions
This interactive session will focus on techniques to create positive interactions including confident communication, interacting with different types of audiences, handling difficult conversations, customer service skills and provide the opportunity to get to know other volunteers. Book your session now using our volunteer platform.
- 5 December 2018, 12.15 – 1.30pm, SALC10 (L5 Sherfield)
- 16 January 2019, 5.15pm – 6.30pm, SALC2, (L5 Sherfield)
- 30 January 2019, 12.15pm – 1.30pm, SALC8 (L5 Sherfield)
- 19 February 2019, 12.30pm – 1.45pm, SALC9 (L5 Sherfield)
Book using our volunteer platform in the same way that you would book your shifts.
Student Training Opportunities
Imperial Plus is a Union run development programme, helping students to learn and implement key skills and building their potential as a leader. By engaging in their interactive workshops delivered by an amazing team of student trainers, stuedents can explore skills related to leadership with others.
The sessions are endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management, ensuring that students receive a top quality educational experience. Find out more about the workshops and register here.
The Imperial Award is a scheme open for all students, encouraging self-reflection and personal development, recognising this on your College transcript. Find out more, sign up to Imperial Award guidance workshops and register for the award here.
Staff Training Opportunities
The Learning and Development Centre offers courses, programmes and support for staff wanting to develop a broad range of skills.
We are here to help, and can offer you support in a number of ways:
- Any queries you have around volunteering - contact Emma Slater at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide an on the day volunteer manager that will make sure you have everything you need
- Confirming number of hours worked for College reward schemes
- Supporting conversations around the benefits of volunteering in your department
- Providing references
Recognition and reward
We really appreciate your help, and we want to make sure you know this. Below are a few of the ways we will recognise and reward your contribution:
- Celebratory refreshments and socialising following events
- The opportunity to be nominated by your peers or the public engagement team for a Volunteering of the Year Award (enthusiasm and excellence in customer service)
- The opportunity to receive a Commitment Award for the volunteer who has contributed the highest number of shifts across the academic year.
- All volunteers who have volunteered at least one shift will be entered into an annual prize draw.
- Recognition of contributions to volunteering on our website, social media and communications.
- The opportunity to be consider for a role with greater responsibility at future events.
- Integration within College wide volunteer reward and recognition processes.
We plan to add to these ways of recognising your contribution. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.
We're happy for you to get in touch if you have questions or ideas about how we can make this a better experience for you. Get in touch at email@example.com.