Core Masterclass 1 and 2: Exploring, Planning and Evaluating Engagement
Trainer: Societal Engagement team
Cost: Internal - no charge; External - not available.
This course is available to Imperial staff only.
Dates and venue information:
- Wednesday 4 November, 10.00am-12.30pm, Teams online
If you have any questions, please contact the Societal Engagement team.
Our two core masterclasses are designed to be taken together to expand your understanding of public engagement before progressing to our advanced masterclasses.
This is session 1 of 6 masterclasses.
Key areas covered
- An opportunity to reflect on your own public engagement experiences
- Find out why our major funders think public engagement is so important
- Explore the approaches that lead to good quality public engagement
- Discover public engagement opportunities at Imperial and beyond
Planning and Evaluating Engagement
This is session 2 of 6 masterclasses.
Key areas covered
- Developing aims and objectives for engagement activities and consider the impact you would like to have
- Identifying the steps involved in planning an engagement project
- Consider why, and when, you might conduct evaluation and the value it might bring
- Principles for conducting high-quality evaluation, using effective and creative methods that your participants enjoy!
Who is it for?
These two masterclasses are aimed at any Imperial staff member keen to:
- Understand the wider context around public engagement in universities
- Discover the key steps in planning quality engagement activities
- Identify a creative and effective approach to evaluation for future public engagement activities
Anyone wishing to attend the optional practical masterclasses (sessions 3-6) should attend the core masterclasses first, as they provide the key foundations developed in later sessions.
This course is not aimed at experienced engagement practitioners.
*Please note that engagement activities that may support teaching and learning practice can be used to support an application for HEA fellowship via Imperial’s STAR framework.
Dates and times
- Summer term: Thursday, 21 May 2020, 9.30am-1pm, South Kensington
How to book your place
This course is free, but please see the terms and conditions of booking on the Qualtrics form. Places are limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis with a waiting list.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.