Masterclass 3: Communication in Engagement
Trainer: Societal Engagement Team
Cost: Internal: No charge, External: Not available.
This course is available for Imperial staff and doctoral students only.
Dates and venue information:
- Tuesday 5 December 2023, 10am – 12.30pm, South Kensington
- Wednesday 24 January 2024, 2pm – 4.30pm, South Kensington
- Wednesday 15 May 2024, 2pm – 4.30pm, South Kensington
If you have any questions, please contact the Societal Engagement team.
This masterclass often takes place on the same day as our core masterclass to allow you to develop your skills further and build on the ideas from the morning. If you would like to attend the Core Engagement Masterclass, please sign up here.
* Please be aware there is cross-over between the Communication in Engagement masterclass and our training sessions for the Great Exhibition Road Festival which take place in March. We therefore recommend, if you have previously attended the festival training, you don’t attend this masterclass.
Key areas covered
- Considering the key messages you would like to share within your engagement activity
- Developing effective presentation and communication skills relevant to a range of engagement formats
- Identifying the skills relevant for interacting with a range of audiences, groups and individuals
- How to tailor engagement and communication to different audiences, topics and contexts
- The session will be highly interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice techniques and ideas.
Who is it for?
This masterclass is aimed at any Imperial staff member or doctoral student who:
- Has attended the core engagement masterclass or similar training through the Graduate School
- Is involved in the delivery of engagement activities, such as participating in Imperial Festival or Lates
- Wishes to develop their communication and presentation skills for use in their engagement activities
*Please note that engagement activities that may support teaching and learning practice can be used to support an application for HEA fellowship via Imperial’s STAR framework.
** Doctoral students: This Masterclass is open to both Imperial staff and doctoral students, so the sign up through Inkpath looks slightly different to some other GS courses. Students attending this masterclass will receive 1 credit from the Graduate School.
How to book your place
This course is free, but please see the terms and conditions of booking on the Qualtrics form. Places are limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis with a waiting list.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
This session will be held in-person on our South Kensington campus. If you are unable to attend in-person or would like to explore the options for training at an alternative campus, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assess demand and discuss your needs.