Masterclass 4: Engagement Ideas
Trainer: Societal Engagement team
Cost: Internal - no charge; External - not available. This course is available to Imperial staff only.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Dates and venue information:
- Thursday 11 October 2018, 1.30-4pm, South Kensington
- Tuesday 12 March 2019, 1.30-4pm, South Kensington
- Monday 3 June 2019, 2-4.30pm, South Kensington
If you have any questions, please contact the Societal Engagement team.
About the session
This is session 4 of 6 masterclasses. This masterclass will allow you to build on your learnings from the core masterclasses by putting your ideas into practice.
If you would like to develop your ideas for a public engagement event or activity, this masterclass will explore creative approaches, problem-solving and ideas generation to help participants develop public engagement activities or events.
Key areas covered
You might be looking for inspiration to get your public engagement started or maybe you have an idea already that you are looking to develop creatively. We welcome a diverse range of ideas, from experiences at the Imperial Festival, a digital engagement platform you would like to try out, a big question you would like to turn into an activity, an audience you would like to engage or a topic that you would like to create an event around.
- Explore creative approaches, problem-solving and ideas generation to develop public engagement activities or events.
- Through collaborating with colleagues in the session, and with advice from our expert facilitator, you will be guided to think about the next steps (or even potential exciting alternative and additional directions) in the progression of your engagement idea.
Who is it for?
This is for any staff member who feel inspired by public engagement and who would like to take their ideas to the next stage.
It's perfect for any staff who:
- Have become a bit stuck with their idea, are unsure what to do with it next or how to make it happen
- Are open-minded and looking to discuss ideas with others
- Would like to have the space to think creatively and innovatively about public engagement
*Please note that engagement activities that may support teaching and learning practice can be used to support an application for HEA fellowship via Imperial’s STAR framework.
Dates and times
- Autumn term: Thursday 11 October 2018, 1.30-4pm, South Kensington
- Spring term: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 1.30-4pm, South Kensington
- Summer term: Monday 3 June 2019, 2-4.30pm, South Kensington
How to book your place
This course is free, but please see the terms and conditions of booking on the Qualtrics form. Places are limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis with a waiting list.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.