Masterclass 4: Engagement Ideas
Trainer: Societal Engagement team
Cost: Internal - no charge; External - not available.
This course is available to Imperial staff only.
Dates and venue information:
- Tuesday 12 March 2019, 1.30-4pm, South Kensington
- Monday 3 June 2019, 2-4.30pm, South Kensington
If you have any questions, please contact the Societal Engagement team.
This is session 4 of 6 masterclasses. This masterclass will allow you to build on your learnings from the core masterclasses and develop your ideas further.
Key areas covered
- Develop new and existing ideas for public engagement activities or events, through group and individual exercises using creative, problem-solving and ideas-generation approaches
- We welcome a diverse range of ideas, from experiences at the Imperial Festival, a digital engagement platform you would like to try out, a big question you would like to turn into an activity, an audience you would like to engage or a topic that you would like to create an event around.
- Collaborate with colleagues and facilitators to think about the next exciting directions in the progression of your engagement idea
- Gain inspiration and new perspectives through sharing ideas with others in the session
- Understand the next steps towards putting your engagement ideas into action
Who is it for?
This masterclass is aimed at any Imperial staff member who:
- Has attended the core engagement masterclasses
- Feels inspired by public engagement and who would like to take their ideas to the next stage – whether that is getting their first idea started or developing an existing idea creatively
- Have become a bit stuck with their idea, are unsure what to do with it next or how to make it happen
- Are open-minded and looking to discuss ideas with others
- Would like to have the space to think creatively and innovatively about public engagement
*Please note that engagement activities that may support teaching and learning practice can be used to support an application for HEA fellowship via Imperial’s STAR framework.
Dates and times
- Spring term: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 1.30-4pm, South Kensington
- Summer term: Monday 3 June 2019, 2-4.30pm, South Kensington
How to book your place
This course is free, but please see the terms and conditions of booking on the Qualtrics form. Places are limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis with a waiting list.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.