Masterclass 4: Engagement Ideas
Trainer: Societal Engagement team
Cost: Internal - no charge; External - not available.
This course is available to Imperial staff and students.
Dates and venue information:
- Tuesday 18th Oct 2022, 2 – 4.30pm, South Kensington campus
- Wednesday 26th Oct 2022, 2 – 4.30pm, online
- Tuesday 13th December 2022, 10.00am - 12.30pm, online due to rail strike
If you have any questions, please contact the Societal Engagement team
This masterclass has been designed to help you develop your engagement idea(s) and is open to all Imperial staff and students (whether you’re preparing for an external event or planning at activity for the Great Exhibition Road Festival or Imperial Lates).
You will get a chance to:
- Develop new and existing ideas for public engagement activities or events, through group and individual exercises using creative, problem-solving and ideas-generation approaches
- Share and hear a diverse range of ideas, from experiences at the Great Exhibition Road Festival, a digital engagement platform you would like to try out, a big question you would like to turn into an activity, an audience you would like to engage or a topic that you would like to create an event around
- Collaborate with colleagues and facilitators to think about the next exciting directions in the progression of your engagement idea
- Gain inspiration and new perspectives through sharing ideas with others in the session
- Understand the next steps towards putting your engagement ideas into action
Who is it for?
This masterclass is for you if you:
- Feel inspired by public engagement and would like to take your ideas to the next level – whether that is getting your first idea started or developing an existing idea creatively
- Have become a bit stuck with your idea, are unsure what to do with it next or how to make it happen
- Are open-minded and looking to discuss ideas with others
- Would like space to think creatively and innovatively about public engagement
- Are preparing an application for the Great Exhibition Road Festival or are working on an activity for our Lates programme.
We recommend attending our Core Engagement Masterclass and our Communication in Engagement Masterclass in addition to this session, but it is not compulsory.
*Please note that engagement activities that may support teaching and learning practice can be used to support an application for HEA fellowship via Imperial’s STAR framework.
How to book your place
This course is free, but please see the terms and conditions of booking on the Qualtrics form. Places are limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis with a waiting list.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
Depending on the date, this session will be held in-person on our South Kensington campus or online. If you would like to explore the options for training at an alternative campus, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assess demand and discuss your needs.