Evaluating Engagement Masterclass
Trainer: Dr Amy Seakins, Engagement Coordinator (Evaluation and Impact)
Cost: Internal: No charge, External: Not available.
This course is available for Imperial staff only.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Dates and venue information:
- 12 June 2018, 10.00am in SALC 10.
If you have any questions, please contact Societal Engagement team.
About the session
This lively masterclass will enable you to assess whether your public engagement activities are successful and help you to reveal the areas that may need fine-tuning. You will discover the value of evaluation, but also how evaluation can be enjoyable for you and your public participants.
Who is this for?
This is for any staff member with some experience of delivering public engagement activities, but limited experience of evaluating public engagement, or for any member of staff wanting to identify a new approach to evaluation for future public engagement activities.
*Please note that engagement activities that may support teaching and learning practice can be used to support an application for HEA fellowship via Imperial’s STAR framework.
Key areas covered
- Developing aims and objectives for engagement activities
- Why, and when, you might conduct evaluation
- How to identify the data you need to know or the evaluation questions that you need to focus on.
- Choosing your evaluation methods
- Principles for conducting high-quality evaluation, that your participants enjoy doing!
In signing up for the session participants will be asked to provide a short description of an engagement activity they have been involved with, the aims for that activity, and a couple of questions they have about evaluation. This will be used to develop and focus the content of the session.
Dates and times:
- Monday 9 April 2018, 2.00pm. Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes. Venue: SALC 10.
- Tuesday 12 June, 10.00am. Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes. Venue: SALC 10.
How to book your place
Book a place on our April masterclass.
Book a place on our June masterclass.
This course is free, but please see the terms and conditions of booking. There are 20 places available and it will be booked on a first come first served basis. We will operate a waiting list, and further similar courses will run throughout the year.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.