The Outreach team at Imperial has been established for over a decade. We're responsible for delivering a wide range of exciting and inspiring activities for students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Our focus is on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning and progression to higher education including access to medicine and support for post-16 student choices.
We work with schools, colleges and community organisations across the Greater London area to raise aspirations, change perceptions, support teaching staff and stimulate interest in STEM subjects from primary through to A-Level education, as part of Imperial's widening participation and outreach agenda.
As part of our commitment to the Office for Students (OfS), we have a specially targeted portfolio of activities that form part of the College’s Access Agreement to ensure that every academically talented pupil has the opportunity for support, regardless of their background or situation.
By working closely with teaching staff, we are able to focus that support specifically where it is needed through our dedicated outreach programmes.
We deliver our activities externally in schools and colleges and on campus in the dedicated schools’ Wohl Reach Out Lab on our South Kensington Campus. The Lab is championed by Lord Professor Robert Winston. His vision is carried out by the Outreach STEM delivery team and a team of talented academics from across the College.
Head of team
Dr Annalisa Alexander
Personal detailsDr Annalisa Alexander Head of Outreach
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 8134
- Managing the Outreach team
Mentoring and Tutoring
Dr Jenny Cooke
Personal detailsDr Jenny Cooke Mentoring and Tutoring Programmes Manager
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 3897
- Co-ordination of the INSPIRE PGCE programme
- Management of Pimlico Connection tutoring programme
- Providing training and support for the Outreach Postgraduate Ambassadors programme
Dr Claire Sweetenham
Personal detailsDr Claire Sweetenham Medical Outreach Coordinator
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 3207
- Overseeing Pathways to Medicine programme
Personal detailsJosé Teixeira-Monteiro STEM Potential Coordinator
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 7197
- STEM Potential (Y10-13) programme coordinator
- Coordination of Wohl Reach Out Lab bookings
Personal detailsCherelle Outreach Office Administrator
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 3575
- Provide assistance and administrative support for one-day on-campus events
- Coordinate the Outreach Postgraduate ambassadors scheme
Personal detailsKymrun Dhami Online Learning Project Coordinator
- Coordination of the mA*ths Online Programme.
- Overseeing the development of the programme and external/internal partner relations.
Personal detailsYolande Sumbele Outreach Intern
- Coordination of The Pimlico Connection programme.
- Provide support to the Outreach team’s activities and events.
Personal detailsSilje Andersen Interdisciplinary Programmes Manager
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 8134
- Managing the development of schools outreach and widening participation programmes
- Developing new interdisciplinary programmes at Imperial's White City Campus
Dr Melanie Bottrill
Personal detailsDr Melanie Bottrill STEM Programmes Manager Wohl Reach Out Lab Manager
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 3685
- Management of the Access funded Programmes (OFFA) and Summer Schools
- Management of the Wohl Reach Out Lab and associated programmes
Dr Rebecca Holloway
Personal detailsDr Rebecca Holloway School Partnerships Coordinator (Secondary)
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 8131
- Developing and maintaining links with partner schools
- Coordination of key externally-funded programmes in the Wohl Reach Out Lab and work experience
Personal detailsFay Blake School Partnerships Administrator
- Provide administrative and logistical support for one-day events and school activities taking place in the Wohl Reach Out Lab
Personal detailsRenee Boling STEM Programme Coordinator (Pre-16)
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 7683
- Developing and maintaining links with Primary schools
- Coordination of key stage 1- 3 programmes
Personal detailsSigne Arias Summer Schools and Activities Coordinator
- Coordination of Outreach Summer Schools and STEM Practical Activities mentors
- Organisation of STEM lectures and one day science practical activities
Personal detailsJasmine Fazakerley Outreach Summer Schools Administrative Assistant
Send email+44 (0)20 7594 5172
- Providing organisational and administrative support to Summer School programmes
- Handling a range of Summer School queries
Personal detailsSarah Vincent Systems and Data Administrator
- Coordination of Outreach data collection, storage and reporting
- Management of the Outreach Database and interfaces with key data sets
Personal detailsRob Keita Database Assistant
- Maintaining the data integrity of the Outreach databases in order to meet the current targets.
- Supporting the Outreach team in gathering meaningful data from a wide range of activities.
Personal detailsShreya Konnur Wohl Reach Out Lab Technician
- Technical support for the Wohl Reach Out Lab and associated activities
Reach Out Makerspace
Personal detailsKate Mulcahy Makerspace Programme Coordinator
- Responsible for the Reach Out Makerspace based in White City
- Overseeing Maker Challenge and Mega Maker Challenge Programmes based in the Makerspace
Personal detailsRebecca Sweeney Reach Out Makerspace Assistant
- Providing programme support and assistance for activities delivered at the Reach Out Makerspace based in White City.
- Coordinating the recruitment of schools and students for our programmes.
Personal detailsRichard Brown Reach Out Makerspace Technician
- Technical support for the Reach Out Makerspace
Personal detailsAhreum Jung The Invention Rooms Associate
- Coordination of content and design outputs for Makerspace and local community in White City
- Supporting ICAH (Hackspace) users with project development, providing design and technical guidance, and assisting with day-to-day workshop operations