Mentoring and tutoring
Free support for your STEM activities
- Tutors can work with pupils in Year 10, 11, 12 or 13.
- The programme is open to state schools.
- Priority for tutors will be given to schools who have a high proportion of pupils eligible for free school meals and/or a high number of pupils living in POLAR 1 and 2 postcodes.
- Where possible, tutoring should take place on a Wednesday afternoon.
- Tutoring should take place in school, supervised by staff.
- Tutoring can be 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3.
- All tutors are DBS checked and trained.
The Pimlico Connection: tutoring and classroom assistants
The Pimlico Connection is a peer-tutoring scheme which has been running at Imperial since 1975 and sees current students work as a tutors in schools for approximately 17 weeks between the start of November end the end of March. The scheme places a strong emphasis on inspiring students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects. It also serves to raise aspirations by providing students with a positive role model for STEM subjects and higher education in general.
All of our students have been trained for their role and have undergone the appropriate DBS criminal record checks.
If you have any queries or wish to find out more, please email Pimlico Connection.