Eligibility criteria – 2017 entry
We are looking forward to seeing applications from Y10 and Y12 students with a passion for STEM subjects. Students need to meet the following academic requirements:
Year 10 applicants must:
- be taking GCSE exams in summer 2019.
- have a keen interest in science and maths.
- be considering studying science and maths in their post 16 studies.
- be capable of achieving a minimum of six GCSEs graded at 7–9 level, including science and maths, and a minimum of level 6 in English Language.
- be willing to travel to Imperial for the scheduled dates of the programme.
Year 12 applicants must:
- be studying at least three A-Levels including two or more of: Maths (compulsory), Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- have achieved eight GCSEs with a minimum of six GCSEs graded at A/A* (or 7–9 level) which should include science and maths. A minimum of level 6 should also be reached in English Language.
- be capable of achieving at least two A grades at A-level (or equivalent).
- be willing to travel to Imperial up to five times a year on the scheduled dates.
This programme is funded by Imperial College London. It aims to support students from backgrounds under-represented in Higher Education. We will assess your eligibility for the programme by asking if any of these circumstances apply to you:
- You are receiving free school meals.
- Your family income is below £43,000/year.
- You have been in care or are a young carer.
- You are studying in a school that has below average attainment or with a high percentage of students receiving free school meals.
- Your parents do not have a university degree.
Good luck with your application!