Molecular Bioengineering (MEng)
In this module you will gain experience working as part of a development team on a significant Bioengineering software project. This will involve using the individual programming skills learnt in Computer fundamentals and Programming 1 and Programming 2 to write the project code, as well as learning to use software engineering tools including those necessary for managing the project lifecycle, requirements capture, design, modelling, testing and effective and efficient teamwork. You will also learn about the specific requirements of medical software.
Upon successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Work effectively in a development team on a significant software project:
- Plan and track the project lifecycle;
- Evaluate client requirements;
- Model and design a software architecture;
- Implement and test the project.
This is primarily a project-based module, but there will be an introduction to software engineering methods and CASE tools.
Lectures: 5 hours
Labs: 25 hours
● Written report: Project report; 75% weighting
● Presentation: Planning presentation; 25% weighting