Molecular Bioengineering (MEng)
MEng Bioengineering Group Project
- To apply the knowledge learned in the rest of the course to open-ended investigation.
- To develop important project management, team working and communication skills.
Learning Outcomes - Knowledge and Understanding
· To be able to access and manage the scientific and engineering literature
Learning Outcomes - Intellectual Skills
· To plan and implement a research project and to reflect on such activities
· To engage in open-ended and multi-disciplinary investigationLearning Outcomes - Practical Skills
· To acquire competency in either programming or wet lab skillsLearning Outcomes - Transferable Skills
· To acquire the communication skills to succinctly communicate engineering to non-experts
Please refer to the project description for the contents of the project.
Students will work in a team of about 5 to 8 students. Project work starts from early October. Work continues until the end of the Summer Term. The exact amount of time spent on projects is not fixed, but is on the order of 40-60 days full time equivalent this is because the project is worth a signficant portion of your year marks.
· Autumn term: work will be part-time. You will be expected to work at least 8 hourseach week. The precise choice of timeslots being determined by your option courses.
· Spring term: the first week of the term will be dedicated to your project, followed again by part time working at least 6-8 hours each week.
· Summer term: After the summer exams, until the end of the project, work is full-time.
● Written report: Group Planning Report & Written Report; 30% weighting
● Written report: Group Report; 50% weighting
● Presentation: Group Poster Presentation; 20% weighting