License booking system
A booking system is in place for access to floating licenses for BDSG-managed commercial software packages. Please use this system to book usage for these licenses.
To ensure fair access to the licenses, bookings are permitted up to a maximum of 3 hours between 0900 and 1800 on any particular day.
Note that use of the licenses outside booked periods may result in the license being revoked to enable a user with a valid booking to access the system.
Booking a license
- The booking system, which uses the Sharepoint system, can be accessed at https://share.imperial.ac.uk/fons/LifeSciences/facilities/BSS/BSSBookings/SitePages/Home.aspx.
- Click on the 'new item' link above the calendar.
- Enter your college login name in the 'Your name' box, and click on the 'check names' icon to confirm.
- Enter the date and time for your booking, where 'Planned checkout data' is the start time for the booking, and 'Planned checkin date' is the end time.
- Select the required software license from the 'Item' drop-down menu
- Once your details are entered, click the 'Save' button