Obesity Study - Patient and Public Involvement
Join our Public Involvement Panel for a proposed clinical study in obesity with dysregulated eating
What is it?
- As doctors and researchers at Imperial College London, we are looking for 8 people to join our Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) panel.
- The purpose of this panel is to help guide our research into a potential new treatment for obesity that is being submitted for a grant application.
- We will present the ideas behind the study and its design.
- We will seek your feedback about the study proposal, its acceptability, and ways in which the study could be improved.
Who is invited?
- We are looking for women and men aged 20-60 years of age, who are obese and who particularly have problems regulating their eating.
- This may be because of emotional eating (that is overeating when sad or stressed) or having a diagnosis of binge eating disorder.
- It would not be suitable if you have diabetes, have had bariatric surgery, or a diagnosis of bulimia nervosa.
How often would we meet?
- All involvement will be done online via group Zoom meetings.
- Initial commitment would be for a single meeting lasting 1.5 hours.
- This meeting will likely be scheduled for December 2020 or January 2021
- Any subsequent online meetings will be arranged as needed.
- Time costs will be reimbursed as per our policy (£25 per hour for an initial meeting).
How do I participate?
If you are interested in taking part, please download an application form here: Obesity PPI Study Personal Information Form (.docx). Once completed, please email the form to Aime Boakye at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr Tony Goldstone, Consultant Endocrinologist, Obesity Physician, Senior Clinical Research Fellow
Dr David Erritzoe, Consultant Psychiatrist, Senior Clinical Lecturer
Aime Boakye, Study Co-ordinator, Imperial Clinical Research Facility