Faculties, schools, departments and centres
Imperial has four faculties: the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Natural Sciences, and Imperial College Business School.
When writing about a faculty, department and centre, you should use its full and correct name – for example: ‘the Department of Mathematics’ not ‘the Maths Department’.
Faculty of Engineering
The Faculty of Engineering has ten departments:
- Department of Aeronautics
- Department of Bioengineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Computing
- Dyson School of Design Engineering
- Department of Earth Science and Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Materials
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
Learn more about the Faculty of Engineering.
Faculty of Medicine
The Faculty of Medicine has eight departments:
- Department of Brain Sciences
- Department of Immunology and Inflammation
- Department of Infectious Disease
- Institute of Clinical Sciences
- Department of Metabolism, Digestion and Reproduction
- National Heart and Lung Institute
- School of Public Health
- Department of Surgery and Cancer
Learn more about the Faculty of Medicine.
Faculty of Natural Sciences
The Faculty of Natural Sciences has five departments:
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Life Sciences
- Centre for Environmental Policy
Learn more about the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
Imperial College Business School
Imperial College Business School has five departments:
- Analytics and Operations
- Economics and Public Policy
- Management and Entrepreneurship
Learn more about Imperial College Business School.