Entrepreneurship Professional Interest Network
What is the Entrepreneurship Professional Interest Network?
The Group was started by Alumni Board members Oliver Wooley and Alasdair Lawrence as a response to the need of entrepreneurs to meet and discuss the issues that affect them. The events will be for those interested in entrepreneurship to discuss hot topics with knowledgeable speakers and meet others at the networking session.
We are delighted to host a high profile panel of thought leaders from the early stage investment community.
If you are an investor looking to invest £1,000, or an entrepreneur seeking to raise equity of £200,000, what are the merits and risks of using one of the crowdfunding platforms?
We expect a lively debate to cover such issues as:
- What type of ventures suit crowdfunding?
- What are the attractions to crowdfunding from an investor’s perspective?
- What are the success rates, in terms of fundraising, of the crowdfunding platforms?
- What returns should investors expect from investing in deals through crowdfunding?
- What are the key differences between the crowdfunding platforms?
- Rajat Malhotra. Founder of Wren Capital and voted “Business Angel of the Year” in 2013 www.wrencapital.co.uk
- Modwenna Rees Mogg. Founder/CEO of AngelNews (30,000 subscribers) and authority on crowdfunding www.angelnews.co.uk
- Luke Lang. Founder/CEO of Crowdcube www.crowdcube.co.uk
- Tom Davies. Investment Director, Seedrs www.seedrs.co.uk
- Goncalo de Vasconcelos. Founder CEO, Syndicate Room www.syndicateroom.com
- Ayan Mitra, Founder CEO, Crowdbnk www.crowdbnk.com
Chaired by Oliver Woolley. Founder Director Envestors Ltd. Board Director of UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA).
Why not join our dedicated Entrepreneurs Group on LinkedIn?
If you have any questions about the event, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org