The Alumni Relations Team recently attended a Masterclass event in Athens, co-organised by the Imperial College Alumni Association of Greece and the Business School. The Masterclass entitled, ‘Riding the Crisis Wave – Sectors with potential growth’, attracted over 100 alumni attendees from diverse industries such as shipping, mining and banking. Alumni heard from a distinguished panel that included Imperial College MEng alumnus, Demitris Memos, Managing Director of MarineTraffic. The Masterclass was delivered in Greek and gave both panellists and attendees the chance to engage in spirited conversation and debate.
The Imperial College Alumni Association of Greece is one of the most active international associations and they host several events a year, including an annual Pitta Cutting event. New members are encouraged, as our friends of Imperial College Business School and other Imperial alumni. For the Alumni Relations Team, the Masterclass was an excellent opportunity to reconnect with members and strengthen their ties to the Business School.
After the event Demitris told us: “It was my pleasure to contribute to the event, which I think was a great success.”
The other panel members included:
- Dr JohnKoustas, Imperial College Alumni,DANAOS Corporation, Shipping
- Demitris Memos, Imperial College Alumni, Marine Traffic Vessel tracking, High Tech startup
- Zafiri Trikalinos, Trikalinos Avgotaraho, Food Industry
- Achileas Hatzinikos, founder Computer Logic ,High Tech IT entrepreneur
- Alexander Vassilikos, Vice President Hellenic Hotel Federation, President Attica Hotel Federation ,Tourism entrepreneur
The panel was coordinated by Prof. NTUA K. Aravossis, President, Imperial College Business School Alumni Association.