At the beginning of summer, students and staff at Imperial College Business School submitted nominations for the 2017 Dean’s Community Awards for students and alumni.
Professor Nelson Phillips, previously Acting Dean of Imperial College Business School, says, “The awards recognise and celebrate student leadership to shape and define our community, and the work they continue to do when they become alumni. They do this in a whole host of ways, from championing student experience to supporting and inspiring their peers.”
We are delighted to announce the following recipients of the 2017 Dean’s Community Awards, announced in July 2017:
For Improving Society
- Mobeen Iqbal from the Doctoral programme.
- The Green Mind Project Team from MSc Climate Change, Management & Finance: Seref Ataser, Sarah Clements, Lawrence Copson, Laith Hammad, Jyotsna Heryani, Kizette Klaasen, Cecilia L’Ecluse, Piotr Pajda and Francesco Papa.
For the Power of Innovative Thinking
- Byron McCaughey from the Full-time MBA.
- Fahad Mohammad from the Intercalated BSc.
- Zi Jun Daphine from MSc Economics & Strategy for Business.
For Inspiring Brilliant Minds
- START Conference Team: “How AI will Shape the World”. The team were Johannes Barth, Thomas Clayson, Amerigo De Agostini, Florence Keutner and Leonore Tauber from MSc Business Analytics and MSc Management programmes.
- John Grabowski from the Weekend MBA.
- The Entrepreneurship Club Committee: Shyam Anjaria, Marie Friling, Suresh Jones, Suzy Kerton, Vincent Marsland and Henry Oakes from MSc Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Management, MSc Strategic Marketing, and Full-time MBA programmes.
For Pioneering Practical Solutions
- Sarah-Ivona Muhtaseb from MSc International Health Management.
For Sustainable Business Thinking
- Sarah Clements and Nick Spooner from MSc Climate Change, Management & Finance.
For an Alumnus who has gone above and beyond to contribute to the Business School community, through volunteering and enhancing student experience and learning:
- Joanne Linder – MBA alumnae.
- Jad Rahme – MSc Strategic Marketing alumnus.