Attendees of last week’s Women in FinTech panel received insight from seven guest speakers about their experiences and knowledge of finance technology. Organised by the Business School’s Centre for Global Finance and Technology and Careers and Professional Development Service, the discussion focused on the opportunities for women in the fintech industry.
Dr Andrei Kirilenko, Professor of Finance and Director of the Centre for Global Finance and Technology, opened the session by saying that there are many opportunities offered by fintech to those wanting to enter the finance industry. Alumna Holly Peters-Wright also talked to the opportunities in fintech in a pre-event article, saying: “ there are now so many career paths on the business side rather than the technical side of fintech – both in start-ups or in big businesses.”
You can watch the full panel discussion via the lecture theatre recording here.
Women in FinTech panel
The full panel, pictured from left to right, included:
- Mali Malifini: Corporate Senior Exec Fintech banker Technologist, Keynote Speaker, CEO-Founder Interruptiv.
- Holly Peters-Wright: MBA alumna and Finance Programme Manager at PayPoint.
- Mary O’Loughlin: General Counsel at Future Finance.
- Claire Calmejane: Director of Innovation at Lloyds Banking Group.
- Ghela Boskovich Director of Global Strategic Business Development and Marketing at Zafin.
- Michelle He: Senior Manager Tech Advisory, EY.
- Devie Mohan: FinTech Market Strategist, Industry Researcher, Speaker and Blogger.
You can find out more about the School’s fintech initiatives by following #IBfintech on twitter.