Student Investment Fund
The Imperial College Business School Student Investment Fund was established in 2018 and is the College’s first student-led investment fund, with £100,000 in assets under management, raised by donors and the Imperial College Endowment. The Fund runs several quantitative and fundamental strategies that are overseen by Professors Walter Distaso, James Sefton and Paolo Zaffaroni.
The Fund aims to:
- equip its members with the essential skills for the buy-side industry
- provide students with real buy-side experience and operational training
- enhance teaching and learning with practical experience
- conduct innovative research by working closely alongside industry professionals and firms
The Fund stands out from other student investment funds in several ways.
- Allows students to make real investment decisions and create custom strategies out of academic theory
- Connects members to professionals through an industry network of finance professionals and the fund’s own alumni
- Incorporates both quantitative and fundamental investment strategies through splitting the Fund into independent strategies