Imperial College London (“we” or the “College”) provide various newsletters via email about our activities, services and achievements. This privacy notice explains how we use your personal data when you sign up to receive the Imperial College Business School newsletter (the “Newsletter”).
Why we process your information
If you opt-in to receiving the Newsletter, we will ask for your:
- First and last name
- email address
- Programme(s) of interest
- Desired programme start year
- Country of residence
- Years of postgraduate work experience
Our legal basis for processing your personal data for the purposes of sending you the Newsletter via email is based on your consent - by consenting to receiving the Newsletter via email you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purpose of sending you the Newsletter via email.
You may withdraw consent at any time by clicking unsubscribe on any Newsletter email.
We may share your personal data with service providers who assist the College in the preparation, distribution and/or administration related to the Newsletter. Our legal basis for sharing your data in this way is that it is necessary for our legitimate interest in providing you with the Newsletter.
All our service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with data protection laws. We do not allow our service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Some service providers may process your personal information outside the European Economic Area. Where this is the case, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information and your personal information will only be transferred where the transfer is permitted under the law.
We currently use:
- HubSpot who provide forms and mailing list tools that assist us with the email distribution of the Newsletter to our subscribers. HubSpot’s servers and offices are located in the United States, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. HubSpot participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and, on this basis, we can lawfully transfer personal information to them for the purposes of HubSpot providing their services to us.
- Salesforce provides customer relationship tools that assist us with the general customer journey. Salesforce’s servers and offices are located in the United Kingdom and other locations in the EU, fully compliable with the current legislation. Your information is therefore stored and managed in Salesforce in order to secure the delivery of adequate customer journeys.
Except as explained above, we will not share your information with anyone, unless where required by law, where it is necessary to administer our relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Keeping your personal information
Your personal information will be stored for a limited period of time only. If you choose to unsubscribe you will be marked as such, you will be included in a suppression list and we will maintain your details so that we can prevent the delivery of our newsletter.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information we hold about you in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of transferring that data to another data controller;
- request us to erase your personal data or object to our processing of your personal data;
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it;
- unsubscribe and have your information deleted if you no longer want to receive the Newsletter.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can raise a concern with the Information Commissioner: www.ico.org.uk
If you have any concerns with regard to the way your personal data is being processed or have a query with regard to this information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Imperial College London
Data Protection Officer
Faculty Building Level 4