Organisations are currently facing unprecedented challenges: technological disruption, rule-breaking competitors, empowered customers, pervasive regulation, new social demands and heightened employee expectations. To thrive in this new environment, Gary Hamel, one of the world’s most influential business thinkers, believes firms need to review their bureaucratic management practices and challenge the top-down structures. Learn now leaders and organisations can out-run change in this online event open to all Imperial alumni.
In his presentation, Gary will outline his blueprint for building an organisation that is as resilient and innovative, and how to kick- start an HR revolution that will free up every employee to achieve their best. He will cover:
- How to challenge bureaucratic mindsets
- How to rebuild the DNA of your organisation around 21st century management principles such as ownership, experimentation, openness and community
- How to overcome the trade-offs between size and flexibility, efficiency and innovation, and control and freedom
- How to free the potential of every employee
- How to fuel the fires of internal entrepreneurship
- How to become a high-impact change leader whatever your role or title
There will be a chance for questions at the end of the talk.
Gary Hamel is a speaker, author and consultant. He has worked with leading companies across the globe and is a dynamic and sought-after management speaker. He has been on the faculty of the London Business School for more than 30 years and is the director of the Management Lab.
“We need to make the jump from bureaucracy to humanocracy, from a management model that was designed to maximize control to one that is designed to maximize contribution. I’ll give you a roadmap for this journey and tell you how to get started with your own team.”
Please register in advance. Joining details for the online event will be sent nearer the time.