An Innovation Hackathon challenging students to create a new digital product or service within the retail industry.
This year, Imperial College Business School will be running a Hackathon Challenge alongside its annual student-led conference. We have chosen the Future of Retail as the topic in light of the rapid acceleration of marketplace digitalisation over the past year driven by COVID-19.
At the intersection of Tech & Retail, the week-long conference will feature an Innovation Hackathon, and expert panel discussions on current topics such as:
- Sustainable Supply Chain Technology
- Data Driven Customer Experience
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Try-on Technologies
- Digitalisation of In-Store Experiences
You will also find the opportunity to expand your network through workshops hosted by leading entrepreneurs, virtual networking sessions and mentorship sessions with industry experts.
The conference and hackathon will run from Monday 17 May until Friday 21 May. Teams must submit a three-minute video pitch on Thursday 20 May. Five teams will then be selected to compete in our live final on Friday 21 May, where they will pitch live to a panel of world-famous entrepreneurs for the chance to win huge cash prizes from a pool that currently stands at over £3000.
- Individuals can apply by registering on Eventbrite and paying a £10 deposit (refundable when competition entry is submitted).
- Entrants can be current students, prospective students or recent graduates (3 years out).
- Once registered you are free to form your own team (of up to 5 people) or be placed in one by our organisers through a series of virtual networking sessions, which will be organised in early May.
- If you have already formed a team, please email email@example.com to confirm the names of the team members..
- Ideas MUST be conceptualised during the competition - pre-existing businesses will be disqualified.
- Places are limited and registration will close on Friday 30 April or when capacity is reached.
- Win from a prize pool that currently stands at over £3000.
- The chance to pitch your idea to a panel of industry experts in our live final.
- One free mentorship session with a professional in your chosen specialism.
- Unlimited access to workshops, expert panels and keynote speeches throughout the conference.
- Network with students across top-tier, international business schools.
- Solve some of the most relevant problems in the industry today.
- Excellent addition to your CV and stand-out interview content.