Date: 7th December 2010
Venue: Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
About the Summit
This one day Summit drew on international and public and private sector experience of best practice methodologies and practices adopted in the public and private sectors in attempting to assess the impact of innovation activities, including research expenditure and accessing external knowledge.
Attention was also paid to the similar range of problems faced in this area by major charitable and third sector funders who have major investments in support of research.
Speakers were drawn from across the private and public policy spectrum and from a range of countries.
- Liz Allen, Senior Evaluation Adviser, The Wellcome Trust
- David Docherty, Chief Executive of the Council For Industry and Higher Education
- David Eyton. Group Head for Research and Technology, BP Plc
- Julia Lane, Program Director; Science and Innovation Policy, National Science Foundation
- Mary Walshok, Associate vice chancellor for Extended Studies, University of California
- Mari Williams, Chair, RCUK Performance Evaluation Group
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger, VP emeritus, IBM; consultant on innovation and strategy – IBM and Citigroup visiting lecturer: MIT’s Sloan School of Management and Engineering Systems Division, Adjunct professor: Imperial College Business School
This event was sponsored by Cambridge Integrated Knowledge Centre (CIKC) and The Technology Strategy Board (TSB).
A full copy of the programme and podcasts from the day is available on the UK~IRC website.