AI Startups & Innovation is a six-week online programme is designed to help startup founders, CEOs and heads of corporate new venture groups overcome the barriers of accessing expertise, networks, time and methodologies to successfully create a new artificial intelligence (AI) startup, or to transform an existing venture. The programme will cover how to identify business opportunities, leverage the dimensions of AI technologies, and build on the success of existing AI applications to improve products and services in any industry.
By applying proven analytical frameworks, you will effectively articulate a problem, define a solution, conduct a competitive analysis, and create a go-to-market strategy. You will also familiarise yourself with the implications of AI regulations, guidelines and compliance to evaluate the balance between protecting consumers, managing risk, promoting competition, and stimulating innovation.
The capstone project will allow you to bring startup ventures to life by applying rudimentary frameworks to create a prototype, with no technical skills required, and develop a business plan for a venture development or transformation. You will finish the programme prepared to implement what you have learned, and with a verified Digital Certificate from Imperial College Business School Executive Education.
Who should attend?
This international programme is suitable for:
- CEOs, startup founders or heads of corporate new venture group looking to learn rapid ideation and understand AI-related metrics
- Financial services or consumer lending business unit leaders that can benefit from tactical yet strategic foundational knowledge of AI and the process of innovation
- Those working in healthcare, digital health or the medical field and seeking guidance on how to bring a new venture forward
- Ecommerce, trade association or marketing professionals that requires subject matter expertise in building, implementing and evaluating business plans for AI ventures
- Investors or analysts seeking AI business analytics tools, perspectives on venture implications and a deeper understanding of investment feasibility
- Government advisors or regulators looking for ways to protect against unintended consequences of AI
This programme will enable you to:
- Describe how applications of AI technologies can improve or transform existing financial, health, ecommerce, governmental, heavy infrastructure and other systems
- Explain the impact of AI regulations and guidelines, such as the OPAL project and the Trusted Data framework, on AI technologies and regulatory compliance
- Describe a narrative around and argue the merits of your AI venture, including what problem it solves, and how it is unique, applying techniques of literary and dramaturgical theory
- Develop a plan for a real AI startup; including identification of the market size and its complexion, effective articulation of a problem, resourcing plan and a go-to-market brief strategy
- Utilise rudimentary frameworks to create a prototype for a real-world venture development or to transform an existing venture even if you have no technical background
What you will learn
Module 1: AI Technologies & Applications
Module 2: Think and Design Like an AI Entrepreneur
Module 3: Design Strategies to Drive Innovation and Growth
Module 4: Risks & Mitigation
Module 5: Launching the AI Venture
Module 6: Experiential Learning Capstone Project
Professor Tucci received the degrees of Ph.D. in Management from the Sloan School of Management, MIT; SM (Technology & Policy) from MIT; and BS (Mathematical Sciences), AB (Music), and MS (Computer Science) from Stanford University. He was an industrial computer scientist involved in developing Internet protocols and applying artificial intelligence tools.
Professor Tucci's primary area of interest is in how firms make transitions to new business models, technologies, and organisational forms. He also studies crowdsourcing, Internetworking, and digital innovations.
David is a globally recognized thought leader in technology and educational innovation. The portfolio of digital classes he created for MIT and University of Oxford has engaged more than 15,000 innovators in over 150 countries, and revolutionized the model for university short-course offerings. He is an Associate Fellow with Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, and a Professor of Practice (AI & Innovation) with Imperial College Business School, Imperial College London. He previously was the first and only New Ventures Officer with MIT, where he also served as a Lecturer. David has published five books in the past five years focused on technology disruption, the three most recent of which with MIT Press or Little Brown. His latest book, Augmenting Your Career: How to Win at Work in the Age of AI, was published by Little Brown in April 2021
Become an Associate Alumni
Take your partnership with Imperial College Business School to the next level by becoming an Associate Alumni. Complete more than eight days of our programmes to claim 'Associate Alumni' status and join our active alumni community.