Working with you to create a customised programme
Imperial College was established to help find answers to real-life problems through research and breakthrough science. We base our approach to customised Executive Education on elements of great scientific discovery that have helped build Imperial College’s reputation over the past 100 years. When you engage us to work on your projects, we’ll follow a process of:
- About what has happened before (e.g. in terms of previous development projects, corporate history)
- Into how you will judge the success of the programme, both as a learning experience and as a driver for change
- About why the programme is important for you, and at this particular time
- Into what will be the drivers and blockers of success for the programme
- On the design and delivery of the programme
- Across the full bandwidth of Imperial’s faculty, disciplines, expertise and network as needed
- Learning that is practical, hands-on, experiential and experimental
- A learning environment where it is safe to experiment
- Learning that uses Imperial’s physical labs and facilities (such as the Carbon Capture Lab) to help provide insights that are uniquely memorable and relevant
- Blended learning content, for example using online learning and learning apps where appropriate
- By incorporating practical, participant-centred methods such as business critical projects, simulations, action learning groups and coaching
- By paying attention to issues of ‘set up & set down’ such as line manager and senior stakeholder buy-in and active involvement
- By conducting post-programme Impact studies to identify behavioural change and perceived business improvements and innovations
We do this by assigning experienced members of the Executive Education team to your programme:
A senior, experienced member of the team who will orchestrate with you each of the above stages and be responsible for the overall quality and delivery.
Who take care of the logistics at the delivery stage, liaise closely with you, your team, and the programme participants to ensure their experience at Imperial is first-class.
Members of academic faculty, from across the disciplnes at Imperial College who are thought-leaders in their field and are chosen for the relevance of their work to your programme’s aims and overall design. External speakers, business leaders and coaches who can bring in powerful experiences and skills from different organisations to enrich the programme.