Artificial intelligence and machine learning are poised to transform decision-making processes in financial institutions around the world. But exactly how will digital innovation impact investment signals in wealth and asset management? And might this totally reshape the way we analyse concentration, operational and scenario risks going forward?
Imperial’s AI and Machine Learning in Financial Services programme is a four-week live online learning journey that will accelerate your own decision-making capabilities by grounding you in AI, big data and machine learning techniques.
This immersive and engaging programme harnesses the full expertise of Imperial College Business School faculty and a host of industry experts. Through live, interactive sessions and the interchange of ideas and knowledge, you will build the understanding and the capabilities to:
- Forge a solid foundation in AI, big data and machine learning
- Optimise your decisions using innovative and evolving techniques
- Determine what innovation looks like and will look like within financial services going forward
- Implement game-changing practical techniques in your organisation today
Who should attend?
Imperial’s AI and Machine Learning in Financial Services live online course is designed for professionals working in the financial services industry around the world. Participants include members of the exchanges and regulatory agencies, and executives whose decisions affect financial results. To get the most from this programme, you will need a solid grounding in finance and statistical techniques.
- Explore the fundamental concepts and methodologies of machine learning.
- Master the big picture before focusing on the key concepts that will support your future learning.
- Analyse the impact of AI regulation for financial service firms around the world.
- Grasp the fundamentals as well as the strategic aspects and current applications of AI and ML in financial services.
- Understand the directional momentum of AI in financial services and which AI applications are currently driving the most impact. And appreciate how this is relevant for you in your own role, right now.
- Learn how major companies and financial services organisations are operationalising AI & ML and understand where the opportunities and challenges might lie for your organisation.
- Look at what works best when it comes to getting buy-in.
- Work with your peers and our panel of experts in an experiential activity that will give you the confidence to operationalise what you learn on the programme.
- Discover the main requirements your technology and IT teams need to consider as you make the case for the role of human guidance and intuition in its application.
- The adoption of disruptive and innovative technologies such as the application of AI/ML has attracted the top-tier investors and FinTech founders to London. Discover where the smart money is going, and meet active investors in this space.
What you will learn
- Module 1: Machine Learning Fundamentals
- Module 2: Regulatory Implications of AI
- Module 3: AI & ML - The Big Idea
- Module 4: Understanding the challenges and opportunities of implementation
- Module 5: Operationalising AI & ML
- Module 6: The IT Organisation - How to Enter the World of AI/ML
- Module 7: AI/ML Challenges and Opportunities Panel
Gordon Graylish has held a number of senior roles at Intel including Vice President and General Manager of the Governments and World Ahead division, working with governments and international agencies to accelerate the adoption of IT best practices and encourage the successful innovative use of technology.
He was also a commissioner of The UN’s broadband commission and was previously Vice President and General Manager of Enterprise Solutions for Intel. Gordon Graylish speaks frequently on the disruptive impact of technology on societies and how it can positively impact growth and development.
Professor of Practice at Imperial College Business School
Professor Chana is also Co-Director of the Institute for Security Science Technology and is co-founder of the UK-Government funded Research Institute in Trustworthy Industrial Control Systems and Imperial's FinTech Network of Excellence.
He previously worked as a senior science and technology official within the UK Government leading international STEM diplomacy initiatives; directing and funding national security research programmes; and setting national technology policy, standards and regulation.
Professor Chana has also established national and international research calls in science and technology and has acted as a board member and bid reviewer for programmes in the Home Office, the US Department of Homeland Security and the EU’s Framework Programme for Research. He holds MSc and PhD degrees in Physics from King’s College London.
Professor of Finance at Imperial College Business School
Professor Kacperczyk has extensive experience in the field of machine learning and was appointed Research Consultant to the European Central Bank. His research focuses on artificial intelligence, machine learning, money markets, mutual funds, social responsibility, empirical asset pricing, behavioural finance and decision theory.
Imperial College Business School
Pierre Dangauthier is Portfolio Manager at Tower Research Capital. Prior to this he was Head of Trading at Smarkets and is specialised in systematic trading and machine learning. He has worked as a Vice President within Credit Suisse bond e-trading desk and a quant at Barclays. Pierre Dangauthier is an expert in modern applied statistics, financial engineering, and software development
Alberto Ribeiro Castro
Imperial College Business School
Alberto Ribeiro Castro is a quantitative analyst for the financial industry. He holds an advisory position linked to the Business Analytics MSc and has been a Senior Teaching Fellow at Imperial College Business School
Imperial College Business School
Helene Panzarino is a highly experienced Investment Readiness Consultant and Entrepreneur. Previously a Commercial Banker, she founded and launched the Inaugural Programme of Education and Events for the UK Fintech body, Innovate Finance, and a Fintech and Financial Services consultancy programme to educate and connect large FS providers with early-stage Fintech businesses.
Become an Associate Alumni
Take your partnership with Imperial College Business School to the next level by becoming an Associate Alumni. Complete more than eight days of our programmes to claim 'Associate Alumni' status and join our active alumni community.