Study online via our cutting-edge learning platform
Our online programmes are carefully designed and delivered via The Hub, our bespoke learning environment which is crafted by Imperial’s award-winning EdTech Lab. Ensuring students receive a high-quality and supportive experience that is comparable to our on-campus programmes, an online programme can be a great option if you’re looking to study without interrupting your career. We have three online programmes:
MSc Business Analytics (online delivery, part-time)
Our two-year, part-time MSc Business Analytics (online delivery, part-time) is modelled on our full-time on-campus programme, but with the ability to continue working and apply learnings straight to your role.
MSc Strategic Marketing (online delivery, part-time)
Our two-year, part-time MSc Strategic Marketing is designed to be studied online, as you continue your career. It is the online format of our award-winning on-campus offering. You will complete your Master’s alongside a cohort of ambitious professionals from across the world.
Global Online MBA
The Global Online MBA is a part-time programme that is delivered in an online format, focusing on innovative thinking and new technology to deliver a practical curriculum.
Bringing together our world-renowned faculty and a flexible learning format, we place engagement and academic rigour at the forefront of our teaching and learning. The programme content and modules have gone through a rigorous process to be optimised for online study by our educational learning specialists.
Working full-time and studying part-time is a juggling act – especially when you throw other life commitments into the mix. Our dedicated Programmes team are on hand to support you throughout your studies. Combined with the support of your cohort, nothing will feel impossible.
Online learning can be both challenging and rewarding, but with all the resources right at your fingertips, you will embark on a journey of development, self-awareness and discovery.
Our programmes have intensive periods of study. Contact hours form only part of the activity that you will be asked to undertake. You will be required to devote time preparing for lectures, doing readings, completing weekly tasks, completing graded assessments, revising for exams, as well as working in virtual syndicate groups to undertake group work, which can include assessments, presentations, videos and more.
If you choose to study one of our online programmes, you’ll learn via The Hub, a platform that provides convenient access to all programme materials, connects you to your peers and tutors, and gives you the power to track your progress throughout the programme.
The Hub breaks each module down into 10-week blocks, with each week dedicated to a specific area of learning with individual sessions. This helps you to stay on top of your learning and plan your study time efficiently.
Your online learning experience will include: high-quality interactive videos with world-class faculty and guests, live lectures, online tutorials, interactive exercises, group and individual assignments, programming tasks (for some programmes), drop-in sessions and career support.
Key features of The Hub
- Programme newsfeed - The newsfeed is central to The Hub. This is how faculty will communicate with you. From the homepage you can quickly view, reply and swipe through these communications via the intuitive Hub interface.
- Personalised notifications - The Hub gives you personalised notifications each time you log in. This includes new documents added to your courses, new communications from faculty or fellow students, assignment grades and feedback.
- Class list - View the business background of your cohort and see who is online at the same time as you.
- Ability to download video content and access recordings of lectures and tutorials - You can watch the videos on your commute or offline.
- Regular feedback from your teaching team - Feedback is integrated as you progress through the activities; there are also opportunities to give and receive feedback from teaching assistants on submissions in individual and group activities
- Forums to connect with the academic team - The Hub is your connection to the academic team of professors and tutors.
"Studying remotely has given me a huge amount of flexibility to work at my own pace and in my own time. It allows me to allocate more time to certain areas I am less sure of. The Hub has been a bridge between fellow students, the faculty and myself. It is very intuitive and fosters a sense of community even at a distance."
The EdTech Lab
The EdTech Lab is the Business School’s award-winning educational technology team and consist of specialists who cover various disciplines, including: instructional design, research, software development, and film production. They support the School’s aim to deliver teaching at the highest professional standard through pedagogically sound applications of technology and multimedia.