You must ensure that you have completed the online registration before you can begin your studies.
Online registration for students who do NOT require a visa to study in the UK
Once you have completed your offer conditions, you will be able to formally register online for your programme up to one month before your programme starts. Before you can start registration, you will need to have done the following:
- Uploaded a picture of yourself for your student ID card.
Tip: make sure you have access to a digital photo for upload before you commence the online registration process
Online registration for students who DO require a visa to study in the UK
You will be able to formally register online up to one month before your programme starts provided you have met all of your offer conditions and have uploaded a copy of the photo page of your passport, along with one of the following items:
- A Tier 4 student visa specifically for study at Imperial College London which is valid for the full duration of the programme (if you have not previously studied in the UK)
- A post-study work visa which is valid for the full duration of the programme
After you have uploaded your passport and visa, please allow several days before attempting to register again, as Registry need to check and approve your documents.
If you have any questions about which documents to upload, please contact the College Registry at: email@example.com or +44 (0)207 594 8089
Online registration for Summer School students
- Summer school students do not need to upload any documents in order to register online.
Instructions for online registration
- Log in to imperial.ac.uk/studenteservice
- Click on the ‘My Student Details’ icon.
- Click on the ‘Online Registration’ tab.
- An error message will appear if you need to enter vital information in other areas of student eservice before continuing with registration.
- You will need to enter a term time address; if you do not have one yet, just enter your home address to proceed with registration.
- Once all vital information is entered, read the notice and check the box that indicates you accept the terms and conditions and follow the instructions on the subsequent pages.
- You will now be registered. You will be given your ID card at your Induction Day if you register up to two weeks before your programme starts and upload a passport-sized photograph. If you register after this date, you will need to visit the ID card office in Room 169, Level 1, Sherfield Building for your photograph to be taken and your student ID card to be issued. Please have a look on the ID cards page for the ID card office opening times.
- Students will be required to print their ‘Registration Confirmation’ page – this will appear in their Student e-Service once they have registered. They will need to keep this safe as they may need this later on.
- If you have any difficulties registering please contact Registry.
In-person registration for non-EEA students
In order to meet the requirements of immigration legislation, all Non-EEA students will also need to register in person. Non-EEA students will be sent an email inviting them to book into an in person registration session. At the registration session students will be able to complete UKVI checks and also collect their Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) and obtain a Police Registration appointment, if necessary. A student’s registration with the College may be terminated if they do not register in person.