Research and press
One of our strategic aims is to engage in a systematic programme of research to develop, implement and evaluate innovative educational technologies and pedagogies.
- Wells, M. and Wollenschlaeger, A. and Lefevre, D. and Magoulas, G D. and Poulovassilis, A (2016) Analysing engagement in an online management programme and implications for course design. In: UNSPECIFIED (ed.) LAK ’16 Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Learning Analytics Knowledge. New York, U.S.: Association for Computing Machinery. ISBN 9781450341905 http://eprints.bbk.ac.uk/14240/1/lak2016.pdf
- Bourguignon, J. and Collis, N. (2014). Students’ Perceptions of Online MCQs: gathering evidence and learning to swim with it. Session presented at the ALT Annual Conference 2014, Warwick, UK. https://altc.alt.ac.uk/2014/sessions/students-perceptions-of-online-mcqs-gathering-evidence-and-learning-to-swim-with-it-601/
- Wells, M. and Lefevre,. D. and Begklis, F (2013) Innovation via a Thin LMS: A middleware alternative to the traditional learning management system. http://www.ascilite.org/conferences/sydney13/program/papers/Wells.pdf
- Radia, B. (2013). Exploring the Technological Make-up, Narrative and Ecologies of British Trainee Teachers. In R. McBride & M. Searson (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2013 (pp. 3346-3350). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Imperial College steps into Moocs market with MBA tasters – https://www.ft.com/content/93b84f02-819e-11e6-8e50-8ec15fb462f4
- Discover The Business School Classroom Of The Future – https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattsymonds/2016/12/13/discover-the-business-school-classroom-of-the-future/#24c482ef46fb
- The M.B.A. Classroom That Knows When You’re Bored – https://www.wsj.com/articles/disrupting-business-school-m-b-a-classrooms-get-a-digital-upgrade-1483542001
- Learning at a distance: So far, so good – http://www.economist.com/whichmba/learning-distance-so-far-so-good
- Online MBAs: digital degrees come of age – https://www.ft.com/content/4e1934a8-f47a-11e6-95ee-f14e55513608
- Online MBA classrooms: virtually like the real thing? – https://www.ft.com/content/5883cea6-f47c-11e6-95ee-f14e55513608
- Flexibility of online MBAs opens door for the time-poor – https://www.ft.com/content/4e9d5da0-f47a-11e6-95ee-f14e55513608