If you are unable to find the answers to your questions here, please contact our Recruitment Team who will be happy to help.
Global Online MBA FAQs
We have a series of admissions rounds throughout the year, with decisions typically released four weeks after each application deadline. Full details of application and decision deadlines are available here.
Please email the Imperial MBA Admissions team if you would like to request feedback on your application. Please note that whilst limited feedback can be provided, the decision of the academic selectors is final and it will not be possible for your application to be reconsidered.
To be eligible to apply for the programme, you would normally require:
- Five years’ relevant postgraduate work experience; however candidates with a minimum of three years’ relevant experience can be exceptionally considered
- At least a Lower Second Class Honours degree OR international equivalent OR recognised professional qualification
- English language test results (if applicable).
We welcome candidates with non-traditional qualifications and backgrounds and may be able to consider applicants who do not meet the standard entry requirements.
If this applies to you, please contact the Imperial MBA Recruitment team for a profile review.
Fees and funding
The fee for the Global Online MBA for January 2019 entry is £35,600. This fee is the same for both UK and international students.
There are a number of scholarships available to MBA candidates. To be considered for an award, you must have submitted your MBA application by the deadline(s) listed on the Scholarships page. Please be aware that you do not need to submit a separate scholarship application to be considered for an award; all applications received by the stated deadline will be considered provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
Scholarship decisions will be made in conjunction with MBA application deadlines which can be found under the ‘When to Apply’ section of the Application Process page.
If you are being sponsored by an organisation that will be responsible for paying your tuition fees, you must provide acceptable proof of the award.
Satisfactory evidence of sponsorship is usually regarded as an original, dated and duly authorised letter from your sponsor on headed paper which includes the following:
- Your name and College Identifier Number
- The programme for which you have been offered a place
- The amount of fees which will be paid by your sponsor
- The address to which the invoice should be sent
- Any Purchase Order Number required
- Confirmation that the fees will be sent directly to Imperial College
Sponsorship letters should be posted to: MBA Admissions team, Imperial College Business School, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, London SW7 2AZ
You can choose to pay the tuition fee in either two or four instalments. The first option consists of one instalment at the beginning of each admissions year and the latter, two instalments each year which is typically at the beginning and mid-way through each year.
Your fees cover:
- Tuition for the two years
- Core reading texts and study materials.
Your fees do not cover:
- Cost of accommodation and living expenses in London
- Costs incurred as part of optional internships or exchanges
- Supplementary texts and study materials
- If you join one of our Career Clubs there will be a membership fee of £20 per club for the year.
The Business School
The Global Online MBA was awarded the following rankings in the QS Distance Online MBA Rankings 2018:
- 1st in the UK
- 3rd in the world
- 2nd for employability
As the Global Online MBA admitted its first cohort in January 2015, we will be entering the programme into the FT Online MBA rankings in 2021.
The strength of our Business School is reflected by our high position in rankings and we’re delighted to see in the past ten years, Imperial College London has consistently ranked in the top ten in the world and top five in Europe:
- 8th in Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2016-17
- 8th in QS World University Rankings 2017-18
- 3rd in Europe in Times Higher Education (THE) The World University Rankings 2016-17
The latest list of rankings can be found here.
Our research is ranked first for the percentage of research activity assessed as world-leading or internationally excellent (REF2014).
On completion of the Global Online MBA, you will receive an Imperial MBA certificate. Your degree certificate will not mention the mode of study.
The Business School holds online and on campus information sessions throughout the year to give you the opportunity to learn more about the programmes from the Programme Director, current students and alumni. Please refer to the Meet Us page to find out when the next event is being held for the Global Online MBA.
Once the official offer letter has been processed, you will have 28 days to decide whether you would like to accept or decline this. Please log into Student eService to do this.
Should you choose to accept, the Tuition Fee team will issue you with an invoice for the deposit payment within five working days of you making this decision.
Once you have received the invoice, you will then have a further 30 days in which to make the deposit payment. Please be aware that failure to pay the deposit on time may result in your offer being withdrawn.
Please note that the only exemption from the deposit payment are students with confirmed sponsorship for the full value of their tuition fees, who will need to provide proof of their funding before being exempted.
Once you have paid your deposit, you will need to meet any outstanding offer conditions before commencing the programme – for example: proof of your academic and/or English language qualifications etc. Your full offer conditions will be viewable via your student e-service account.
The deposit amount for the Global Online MBA September 2018 entry is £1,780.
It is not normally possible to extend a deposit due date, but it may be possible to consider a request to do so in exceptional circumstances.
Please email the Imperial MBA Admissions team outlining the reasons for requesting the extension and state when you expect to be able to make the deposit payment.
Once the deposit has been paid, please allow time for the deposit to be processed. You should see confirmation that the deposit has been received on your student e-Service after 3-5 working days of making the payment.
If the deposit condition has not been cleared on your account after 5 working days of making the payment, please contact the Tuition Fees team for assistance.
IELTS and TOEFL certificates should be scanned and emailed to the Imperial MBA Admissions team. If you have not yet received your certificates, you can email your IELTS Test Report Number or TOEFL 16 digit registration number to the MBA Admissions team.
If you have completed the Pearson Test of Academic English, please ensure you have sent your scores to Imperial via your PearsonPTE account.
If you have completed another one of Imperial’s accepted English language qualifications, you will need to post the original, hard copy document to the MBA Admissions team to support this qualification. Please refer to the ‘Meeting offer conditions’ page for more information and the address that the document will need to be posted to.
Offer holders can request to defer their place on a programme for one academic year. In order to request a deferral, you must complete a signed deferral request form and return via email to the Imperial MBA Admissions team. The form should outline the reasons for requesting a deferral and include full details of what you expect to do in the upcoming year (further study, internships etc.).
Please note that offers can be deferred by one year only. Should your request be approved, it is advisable to complete any remaining conditions of your offer this year, so that the process is simplified next year.
If you have been awarded a scholarship and wish to defer, your scholarship will not be transferred. You will be considered for any scholarships that you are eligible for in the subsequent academic year.
Once you’ve completed your offer conditions, you will be able to formally register online for your programme up. Registration will be available approximately four weeks before the programme start date.
You’ll need to upload a picture of yourself for your student ID card, so please ensure you have access to a digital photo for upload before you commence the online registration process.
- Log in to our eservice portal
- Click on the ‘My student details’ icon
- Click on the ‘Online registration’ tab
- An error message will appear if you need to enter vital information in other areas of student eservice before continuing with registration
- You’ll need to enter a term time address – if you don’t have one yet, just enter your home address to proceed with registration
- Once all vital information is entered, read the notice and check the box that indicates you accept the terms and conditions and follow the instructions on the subsequent pages
- You’ll now be registered and can print off confirmation of this from Student e-Service. You will be given your ID card at your Induction Day if you register up to two weeks before your programme starts and upload a passport-sized photograph. If you register after this date, you will need to visit the ID card office in Room 169, Level 1, Sherfield Building for your photograph to be taken and your student ID card to be issued. The Monday to Friday opening times are as follows: 08.30 – 10.30, 12.00 – 14.00, 15.45 – 16.45
- If you have any difficulties registering, please contact the Registry.
The majority of academic documents need to be posted to the Imperial MBA team to verify. Scans or photocopies of documents will not be sufficient to satisfy the academic condition of your offer.
Please refer to the Meeting offer conditions page for more information on what you are required to submit and the address that the documents will need to be posted to.
If you’re made an offer for a place on the programme, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the first year’s fee (£1,780 for September 2018) in order to secure your place. This is part of the total fees and not an additional cost.
Once this deposit is paid, you can pay your tuition fees in up to four instalments over the two years of the programme.
The first instalment is payable at the start of term and the second is payable six months after. This is repeated in the second year. If you pay in instalments, a 2% surcharge of the total amount will be added to your first instalment. You’ll be asked to select a payment schedule during the offer acceptance process. If you have any further questions please contact the Student Finance team.