Assessment

How the overall grade is calculated

Your final grade for the Global Online MBA is calculated from the grades achieved for individual elements of the programme as follows:

  • Core Modules 40%
  • Electives 25%
  • IED Module 10%
  • Final Project 25%

How individual elements are assessed


Core Modules
There are six core modules taken in the first year. Assessment for these modules is a combination of written exams and individual and/or group coursework.

Regional exam centres

 

Electives
In the second year, you can tailor the MBA to your own particular needs by choosing five of the 14 available electives.
Some electives are assessed by individual coursework only and others by individual and group coursework. The individual coursework element is always worth a minimum of 50% of the module assessment.

 

Capstone Business Game Module
This module takes place on campus during the second year of the MBA. You do the module as part of a group and submit a joint report and presentation on the work you have done. The presentation accounts for 30% of the available marks and the report represents the remaining 70%.

Cameron Snow

Having the Imperial name on my CV is a stamp of approval. It’s another sign of recognition that I’ve accomplished something and that I'm qualified to conduct work, not only the technical side, but the financial site too.
Nationality: American

Cameron SnowGlobal Online MBA: Class of 2016-18