Opportunities outside the classroom
Being a postgraduate student at Imperial College Business School gives you access to a whole range of practical benefits that have been created to support you in focusing on your career, challenging yourself, expanding your networks, and enjoying your time here.
Imperial College Business School Careers support a number of student led Business School Career Clubs which aim to bring together MBA and MSc students with similar areas of career interest and/or professional backgrounds.
The Imperial Business Insights Series explores the key challenges faced in the business world today. Our speakers are at the forefront of business thinking – they’re sector leaders who shape and influence global trends. Past speakers have included:
- Dr David Clarke: CEO, Energy Technologies Institute: Where now for the UK energy system – steady as she goes or another expensive diversion?
- Graeme Pitkethly: Executive Chairman, Unilever: The U in Unilever
- Philippe Legrain: Author, Journalist and Commentator: Is the crisis in the Eurozone really over?
- Clark Golestani: CIO, Merck: Technologist, business steward… and venture capitalist?
- Andrew Owens: Chief Executive, Greenergy: Novel sources of funding for entrepreneurial companies, the Greenergy experience
- Colin Byrne: Chief Executive Officer-UK & EMEA, Weber Shandwick: Digital communication – changing landscape for the future of business?
- Loretta Mester: President and Chief Executive Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland: Forward guidance and communications in U.S. monetary policy
- Michael Liebreich: Chairman of the Advisory Board, Bloomberg New Energy Finance: Investment strategy in renewable energy and financial challenges in the energy industry
- Michael Harper: Chairman, BBA Aviation: Management and leadership in large organisations
- Ashok Vaswani: CEO, Barclays Personal and Corporate Banking: Rebuilding trust in the banking industry
- Richard Parry-Jones: Chairman, Network Rail: The future of transport
We believe in the importance of student/staff dialogue, and the SSC provides a forum for this discussion. The SSC meets once a term to discuss facilities, the conduct of courses, and to arrange student activities.
This committee has its own fund for organising social events such as celebrating Chinese New Year, boat parties and sports tournaments. These activities provide a great opportunity for you to get to know your classmates in a more relaxed social setting and widen your networks.
Student Ambassador Scheme
The Student Ambassador Scheme provides an opportunity for you to represent the Business School and your programme, and to build your network by interacting with prospective students, staff and alumni at information sessions, recruitment fairs and social events.
Other clubs and events at Imperial College London
You are not only part of the Business School, but also of Imperial College London. This means you have access to an enormous range of clubs, societies and events. From aeronautics to yoga, ice-hockey to salsa dancing, there’s something to interest everyone. Visit the Imperial College Union website for more information