Opportunities outside the classroom
Being a postgraduate student at Imperial College Business School gives you access to a whole range of practical benefits that have been created to support you in focusing on your career, challenging yourself, expanding your networks, and enjoying your time here.
Imperial College Business School Careers support a number of student led Business School Career Clubs which aim to bring together MBA and MSc students with similar areas of career interest and/or professional backgrounds.
At Imperial College Business School we are proud to host guest lecturers and speakers alongside our worldclass teaching faculty, giving you industry insight and perspectives from the modern business world. Recent speakers include:
- Dr Victor Higgs, Founder/Managing Director for Applied Nanodetectors
- Jeremy Duggan, Vice President of EMEA Sales, App Dynamics
- Mike Addison, Innovation Consultant, formerly Global Business Development Manager, P&G
- Geoff McGrath, Managing Director of McLaren Applied Technologies
- Joanna Shields, Chief Executive of Tech City Investment Organisation
- Matt Dixon, IP Lawyer at Harrison Goddard Foote
- Ved Sen, Head of Mobile & Social Solutions for UK & Europe at Cognizant
- Dharmesh Raithatha, Head of Product at Forward Partners
- David Coolegem, Consultant at PA Consulting
- Lucie Hyde, Director of Global Content at eBay
We believe in the importance of student/staff dialogue, and the SSC provides a forum for this discussion. The SSC meets once a term to discuss facilities, the conduct of courses, and to arrange student activities.
This committee has its own fund for organising social events such as celebrating Chinese New Year, boat parties and sports tournaments. These activities provide a great opportunity for you to get to know your classmates in a more relaxed social setting and widen your networks.
Student Ambassador Scheme
The Student Ambassador Scheme provides an opportunity for you to represent the Business School and your programme, and to build your network by interacting with prospective students, staff and alumni at information sessions, recruitment fairs and social events.
Other clubs and events at Imperial College London
You are not only part of the Business School, but also of Imperial College London. This means you have access to an enormous range of clubs, societies and events. From aeronautics to yoga, ice-hockey to salsa dancing, there’s something to interest everyone. Visit the Imperial College Union website for more information.