Opportunities outside the classroom
Being a postgraduate student at Imperial College Business School gives you access to a whole range of practical benefits that have been created to support you in focusing on your career, challenging yourself, expanding your networks, and enjoying your time here.
Careers support a number of student led Business School Career Clubs which aim to bring together MBA and MSc students with similar areas of career interest and/or professional backgrounds.
At Imperial College Business School we are proud to host guest lecturers and speakers alongside our world class teaching faculty, giving you industry insight and perspectives from the modern business world. Recent speakers include:
- Martin Bratt, Partner, McKinsey
- Wojciech Bendorf-Bundorf, Channel Programs Manager, Google
- Matt Lerner, Former Director, Merchant Marketing & Small Merchant Management, PayPal UK. Currently Distro Partner at 500 Startups
- Silvio Rugolo, Vice President, Global Field Enablement, BMC
- Alex Grisman, Strategic Business Analytics Consultant, Manager, IBM
- Chris Darby, Associate Consultant, BCG
- Beau Gillette, Director of Finance of Intel, Malaysia
- Andrew Britton, Former Managing Consultant, Maxwell Stamp PLC, Currently Managing Director at KUMI
- Ewa Graf, Senior Consultant, Capco
We believe in the importance of student/staff dialogue, and the SSC provides a forum for this discussion. The SSC meets once a term to discuss facilities, the conduct of courses, and to arrange student activities.
This committee has its own fund for organising social events. These activities provide a great opportunity for you to get to know your classmates in a more relaxed social setting and widen your networks.
Student Ambassador Scheme
The Student Ambassador Scheme provides an opportunity for you to represent the Business School and your programme, and to build your network by interacting with prospective students, staff and alumni at information sessions, recruitment fairs and social events.
Other clubs and events at Imperial College London
You are not only part of the Business School, but also of Imperial College London. This means you have access to an enormous range of clubs, societies and events. From aeronautics to yoga, ice-hockey to salsa dancing, there’s something to interest everyone. Visit the Imperial College Union website for more information