Entrepreneurship and innovation are in our DNA at Imperial – and we recognise the value that young entrepreneurs with startup experience bring to the cohort, by enhancing peer learning with real-world experience.
We are delighted to offer a scholarship of up to £20,000 for MSc Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Management candidates with experience of starting their own business enterprise and the potential to launch new and exciting ventures in the future. The recipient of the Entrepreneurship Scholarship will be expected to be a dynamic player in the entrepreneurial community at Imperial, by sharing their experiences, contributing to existing initiatives and driving new ones.
Imperial has a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem with initiatives including the Enterprise Lab a physical space found under the library that supports and fosters entrepreneurial activity; Imperial Innovations – the technology transfer office for Imperial College London; Imperial College Advanced Hackspace, who focus on the ideation and prototyping of ideas; and ACT Now, an incubator programme for social entrepreneurs, and the WE Innovate programme which helps aspiring female entrepreneurs develop their ideas.
The scholarship will be awarded to applicants based on the following criteria:
- Experience of starting your own business venture – either individually or as part of a team.
- A clear desire to continue your entrepreneurial journey at Imperial, and to contribute to enterprise activities within the Business School and entrepreneurial life across the College.
- Ambitions to scale an existing idea or business plan through the skills, network and experience you acquire during the programme.
- Your responses to the scholarship questions, as outlined below.
- Your performance during the admissions process, including your written application, interview performance and your professional references
You must apply no later than 1 March 2019 to be considered for this scholarship; however, early application is strongly recommended to increase your chance of receiving an award.
How to apply
All candidates must submit an essay in response to the following questions:
- Why are you the perfect young entrepreneur for Imperial College Business School to offer a scholarship for MSc Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Management?
- How would you use your time at Imperial to further your entrepreneurial ambitions?
Your answers can be submitted in the format of your choice (such as a written statement, PowerPoint presentation or video) via email by 1 March 2019 to email@example.com. Emails should state ‘Entrepreneurship Scholarship application’ and your CID number or application reference number in the subject line.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to an additional interview before a final decision is made.