Opportunities outside the classroom
Being a postgraduate student at Imperial College Business School gives you access to a whole range of practical benefits that have been created to support you in focusing on your career, challenging yourself, expanding your networks, and enjoying your time here.
Imperial College Business School Careers support a number of student led Business School Career Clubs which aim to bring together MBA and MSc students with similar areas of career interest and/or professional backgrounds.
At Imperial College Business School we are proud to host guest lecturers and speakers alongside our worldclass teaching faculty, giving you industry insight and perspectives from the modern business world. Recent speakers include:
- Simon Porter, Vice President of Commercial Sales, Europe at IBM
- Jonathan Carrier, Head of InMotion at Jaguar Land Rover
- Alper Eroglu, Marketing Director, Personal Care at Unilever
- Alexandros Papaspyridis, Commercial Sales Director, Microsoft Mobile Devices at Microsoft
- Michelle Sadlier, Head of Brand and Digital Innovation at Hunter Boot Ltd
- Bruce Daisley, Commercial Director UK at Twitter
- Anne Stephens, Global Director at SABMiller
- Matt Lerner, Director SMB at PayPal
- Max Cecchini, Vice President, Digital Innovation at Luxottica
We believe in the importance of student/staff dialogue, and the SSC provides a forum for this discussion. The SSC meets once a term to discuss facilities, the conduct of courses, and to arrange student activities.
This committee has its own fund for organising social events such as celebrating Chinese New Year, boat parties and sports tournaments. These activities provide a great opportunity for you to get to know your classmates in a more relaxed social setting and widen your networks.
Student Ambassador Scheme
The Student Ambassador Scheme provides an opportunity for you to represent the Business School and your programme, and to build your network by interacting with prospective students, staff and alumni at information sessions, recruitment fairs and social events.
Other clubs and events at Imperial College London
You are not only part of the Business School, but also of Imperial College London. This means you have access to an enormous range of clubs, societies and events. From aeronautics to yoga, ice-hockey to salsa dancing, there’s something to interest everyone. Visit the Imperial College Union website for more information.