Student Staff Committee SSC
The SSC activities provide a great opportunity for you to get to know your classmates in a more relaxed social setting and widen your networks. Being a representative may also provide benefits such as being invited to some Alumni events that are not open to the whole cohort. This can open up new networking opportunities.
The selection process may change from programme to programme, but could include providing a brief statement on the online communication hub or giving a brief speech to the cohort. The student cohort then votes for their preferred SSC members.
Student representatives include:
- Careers Representative
- Health & Safety Representative
- Library Representative
- Teaching Representative
- Social Representative
- Every MSc programme has its own Student Staff Committee (SSC).
- The SSC provides a forum for student/staff dialogue about matters such as facilities and the conduct of courses.
- SSC representatives present the views of the cohort to the relevant MSc Programme Team and other Business School representatives at meetings held once a term.
- Feedback given at SSC meetings is taken seriously and the suggestions given help improve the programme.
- The committee has its own fund for organising social events such as the End of Year Ball and cross-programme socials.
“I am one of the Social Experience Representatives for the MSc Strategic Marketing programme. Therefore, I have taken part in organising events for the students of the course. It has been a great experience and I have really enjoyed getting the class together.”
MSc Strategic Marketing 2013