Archive Events 2010
Archive Events 2010
- 8 December 2010 IE & D Launch Event - This networking event is an opportunity to hear all about IE&D, ask questions to last year’s cohorts and to meet the teams, coaches and ideators.
- 7 December 2010: The UK~IRC Innovation Summit in Cambridge. This one day Summit drew on international and public and private sector experience of best practice methodologies and practices adopted in the public and private sectors in attempting to assess the impact of innovation activities, including research expenditure and accessing external knowledge
- 6 December 2010: Next Generation Internet: Technology and Economic Consequences - Join us for a debate with Dr Irving Wladawsky-Berger, Professor Jonathan Haskel and Professor Eric Yeatman. Moderator: Professor David Gann
- 22 November 2010: Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing: What it is, how it is developing, why it is important and how it is re-shaping business interaction. Lemuel Lasher gave the audience the benefit of his experience working for leading consultancy firm CSC on how enterprise is responding to cloud computing.
- 18 November 2010: A Year in the Life of Innovation
- Mike Steep looked at the lessons learned from the top 30 global enterprises about technical, social, economic, and demographic change that will change the course of how human's relate to technology and how technology will impact all aspects of the human experience.
- 15 - 16 November 2010: EIASM Eden PhD Workshop A tutorial for overseas PhD students organised by Imperial College Business School and European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM)
- 14 - 15 September 2010: UK~IRC Early Career Researcher Worshop: New Frontiers in Innovation
- An intensive 1.5 day workshop for early career scholars working on the frontiers of innovation research. Organised by Dr Cher Li and Dr Joanne Zhang, UK~IRC and held at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge.
- 30 September - 2 October 2010: 4th Global Entrepreneurship Research Conference This conference furthered the understanding of entrepreneurship and economic development in different countries and global regions. Differences in entrepreneurship, level and extent of economic development, and public policies were also central themes.
- 22 July 2010: IED Business Plan Competition - prize giving ceremony 5 teams from the IED cohort pitch their business plans to a panel of investors to compete for a £10,000 prize. The winner will be announced during a special prize-giving ceremony.
- 26 & 28 July 2010: Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Design Fellow's Programme An intensive two day course designed to inspire, inform and challenge Imperial academics and post docs who may wish to commercialise their ideas.
- 26 July 2010 IBM SmartCamp London The College hosted the final of the IBM SmartCamp, bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet
- 16 - 18 June 2010: DRUID Conference -The conference included an exciting programme of plenary debates was held outside of Denmark for the first time.
- 24 June 2010: Stepping up: Growth through innovation An evening lecture with Prof Bart Clarysse and Dr Nick Leon, organised by Design Connection in association with Workspace Group.
- 29 June 2010: Attracting the Technology Buyer: how large firms source innovation s The fifth encounter in the Best Practice in Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Design series.
- 6 - 28 May 2010: Finmeccanica model display - An exhibition to celebrate a high level collaboration between Imperial College Business School and Finmeccanica.
- 10 May 2010: Talent, technology and growth Distinguished Guest Lecture by Dr Pier Francesco Guarguaglini, Chair and CEO, Finmeccanica
- 13 May 2010: Digital disruption - what next in the digital economy and how do firms respond? A debate with Lemuel Lasher and Dr Irving Wladawsky -Berger. Moderated by Professor David Gann.
- 13 May 2010: Alumni master class: Open Innovation and Intellectual Property Professor Tom Hoehn, Director of Intellectual Property Centre, presented the alumni master class
- 25 May 2010: Public Sector Innovation: innovating in a complex environment The fourth encounter in the Best Practice in Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Design series
- 1 5 April 2010: Innovation for inclusive growth - A one day conference addressing social and economic development issues in ‘Energy and Environment'
- 27 April 2010: Promoting technology diffusion: Intellectual property in the cross-fire of competition and trade policy The third encounter in the Best Practice in Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Design series
- 8 March 2010: Entrepreneurs Interactive lecture A lecture for postgraduate students by Fergus Harradence, Deputy Director, Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills
- 9 March 2010: The Well Connected City - How innovation in services and mobility contribute to sustainability Design London, in partnership with Living Labs Global, one day symposium on how service innovation and mobility contribute to creating sustainable cities
- 18 March 2010: Implausible Opportunities: How Entrepreneurs Design Firms that Achieve the Unexpected Professor Gerard George, Chair in Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre presented his Inaugural Lecture
- 18 March 2010: Identifying opportunities in challenging times Professor Bart Clarysse, Chair in Entrepreneurship, headed a panel of prominent business speakers from Greece sharing in sights on venture capital, This Business School conference, organised by the Alumni department, took place in Athens, Greece.
- 31 March 2010: Open-Source business models: creating value from ‘free stuff' The second encounter in the Best Practice in Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Design series
- 16 & 18 February 201 0: Organisation Theory: Perspectives and Prospects Seminar Profesor Royston Greenwood, University of Alberta, hosted two discussion seminars for Early Career Researchers. Organised by Dr Markus Perkmann.
- 17 February 2010: Technology and innovation in the services economy Dr Irving Wladawsky-Berger delivered a seminar for Imperial College Business School PhD students
- 23 February 2010: Internationalisation strategies: upstream and downstream business models - The first in the Best Practice in Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Design series
- 8- 10 February 2010: Entrepreneurship workshop A 3 day workshop in entrepreneurship, organised by the Graduate Schools in collaboration with the Entrepreneurship Hub
- 11 February 2010: Energy policy post Copenhagen A Distinguished Guest Lecture by Iain Conn, Executive Director, Refining and Marketing, BP
- 16 February 2010: The STEM of Service Experience An expert panel stirred debate at the Design London STIR lecture
- 24 February 2010: Early Career Researcher Workshop: Crafting Qualitative Research This intensive full-day workshop for early career researchers to refine and improve their work through presentation and discussion with Professor Royston Greenwood (Alberta). Organised by Dr Markus Perkmann
- 26 January 2010: IED Projects Networking evening An opportunity for the Ideators to meet their team for the IED (Innovation, Entrepreneurship& Design) Projects programme
- 27 - 28 January 2010: FITT Workshop A 2 day workshop for the FITT project - Fostering interregional Exchange in ICT Technology Transfer