Members of the department have won a number of awards for their research and publications. Below you can see a few examples of the honours awarded in 2015-16:
At the beginning of the summer, our students were asked to nominate their teachers to receive the Teaching Excellence Award for faculty. These awards aim to celebrate excellence in teaching, and to recognise faculty who – in different ways – had a really positive impact on our students in 2015-16. Recipients of the 2016 Teaching Excellence Awards in the Management Department are:
• Ian Mackenzie for MSc Core Module Teaching
• Mirabelle Muuls for PhD Supervision
• Andreas Eisingerich for receiving nominations across all categories: Innovation, MBA, MSc, Undergraduate and PhD
Honorable Mention of the Best Conference Prize, Strategic Management Society, Berlin, 2016 for the paper “Narrative construction during strategic change: A narrative perspective” (Dalpiaz & Di Stefano).
Best proposal Award, Strategy Process Interest Group, Strategic Management Society, Berlin, 2016 for the paper “Narrative construction during strategic change: A narrative perspective” (Dalpiaz & Di Stefano).
Fritze, Martin, Andreas Eisingerich, and Martin Benkenstein “Do consumers develop feelings of psychological ownership towards intangible consumption objects?” BMW School Award for Project Presentation.
Baggy Cox will be receiving the President’s Medal for Excellence in Pastoral Care at the Commemoration Day Ceremonies on 19 October 2016.
The paper authored by Nelson Phillips and Davide Ravasi, “Strategies of alignment: Organizational identity management and strategic change at Bang and Olufsen”, is the 2016 SO! WHAT award winner for the best paper published in Strategic Organisation in 2011 (They choose the award each year from the articles published in the volume five years before).
|Charlie Donovan and Chris Corbishley||Have received an award in the 2015 EFMD Case Writing Competition for their work around crowd funding and Abundance Generation. “Crowd funding Renewable Energy Solutions: Abundance Generation”, took first prize in the ‘Integrating the Innovation Pipelines’ category of the European wide awards.||2015|
|Dmitry Sharapov & Jan-Michael Ross||‘Distinguished Paper Award’ from the Business Policy & Strategy Division at the Academy of Management Meeting 2015 in Vancouver||10th August 2015|
|Mirabelle Muuls, Ralf Martin and Laure De Preux (and Ulrich Wagner in Spain)||Erik Kempe Award in Environmental and Resource Economics||2015|
|Paolo Taticchi||Emerald Citations of Excellence 2015 Award for the article:
Taticchi, P., Balachandran, K.B., Tonelli, F. (2012) “Performance Measurement and Management Systems: State of the art, Guidelines for Design and Challenges”, Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 16, Issue 2, pp. 41-54
|Sharapov, D. & Ross, J.-M||Nomination for AOM Best Conference Paper Award, 2015 Academy of Management Meeting, Business Policy and Strategy Division. Paper title: “Whom Should a Leader Imitate in Multiple Competitor Settings? A Contingency Perspective”||August 2015|
|Andreas Eisingerich||Nominated for President’s Teaching Award Imperial College London||June 1015|
Teaching Excellence Awards for faculty
Andreas Eisingerich for Teaching Large Classes
Omar Merlo for MBA Core Module Teaching
Marisa Miraldo for Innovation in Teaching
Jonathan Pinto for MBA Core Module Teaching
Wolfram Wiesemann for MSc Core Module Teaching
Dean’s Award for Excellence
Jonathan Haskel for Media Engagement
Kalyan Talluri for the Power of Innovative Thinking
Mirabelle Muuls for Sustainable Business Thinking
Recipients of Student Academic Choice Award nominations:
- Andreas Eisingerich: Best Supervision;
- Baggy Cox: Unknown;
- Jeremy Fernando: Best Feedback (shortlisted);
- Richard Green: Best Undergraduate teaching;
- Jonathan Haskel: Best Teaching for Postgraduates (shortlisted);
- Marisa Miraldo: Best Teaching for Postgraduates (2 nominations);
- Best Teaching for Undergraduates (1 nomination);
- Mark Kennedy: Best Teaching for Taught Postgraduates;
- Maria Farkas: Best undergraduate teaching;
- Tommaso Valletti: Best Supervision;
- Wolfram Wiesemann: Best Supervision.
- Doong, Hersen and Andreas B.Eisingerich: Ministry of Science and Technology R.O.C. Small Research Grant for Imperial PhD Student to Visit and Collect Data at National Chiayi University, Taiwan