The Imperial College Business School Student Investment Fund was established in 2018 and is the College’s first student-led investment fund, with £100,000 in assets under management, raised by donors and the Imperial College Endowment. The Fund runs several quantitative and fundamental strategies that are overseen by Professors Walter Distaso, James Sefton and Paolo Zaffaroni.
The Fund aims to:
- equip its members with the essential skills for the buy-side industry
- provide students with real buy-side experience and operational training
- enhance teaching and learning with practical experience
- conduct innovative research by working closely alongside industry professionals and firms
The Fund stands out from other student investment funds in several ways.
- Allows students to make real investment decisions and create custom strategies out of academic theory
- Connects members to professionals through an industry network of finance professionals and the fund’s own alumni
- Incorporates both quantitative and fundamental investment strategies through splitting the Fund into independent strategies
Join the Investment Fund as an Equity Research Analyst
Join the Investment Fund as an Equity Research Analyst and you’ll gain vital experience and develop skills that will put you ahead of the competition.
The Fund’s recruitment cycle spans over the first few weeks of the school year in September/October. Membership is for the full calendar year and you must be able to commit to at least three hours a week. If you are interested in becoming a member, please email the team your CV.
- Researching companies within the European sector
- Building and maintaining financial models
- Providing investment recommendations
- Drafting research notes
- Generating forecasts
- Undertaking various support tasks, including updating databases, reviewing and archiving research material
The successful applicant will be a student at Imperial College Business School with the following characteristics:
- A passion for research and investment management
- An analytical mindset
- You enjoy deep dive fundamental research
- Excellent attention to detail
- You have advanced IT skills, including all standard Office applications