If you wish to discuss a research project, potential funding routes, need help finding collaborators or with preparing/devleoping/reviewing an application, please contact our Translational Research Manager Mark Gurden, who has previous experience in drug discovery and managing research funding at CRUK.
CRUK Imperial Centre Funding opportunities
- Now OPEN for Applicaitons
The CRUK Imperial Centre supports the development of cancer researchers at Imperial through two main funding routes:
- We offer seed/pump-prime funding to generate the data required to apply for large external grant awards, particularly for new collaborative multidisciplinary cancer research projects.
- We fund several PhD studentships per year which are focused on covergence in cancer research.
In addition, this year (2020) we will be piloting a Data Science in Cancer Research Award, which will be looking to fund a mathematics or computer sciencetists (for up to 6 months) to work on a cancer research dataset, in collaboration with a cancer research scienctinst or clinician at Imperial.
Funding opportunities section
Other CRUK Funding
In addition to funding offered through the CRUK Imperial Centre, there is a much broader range of funding schemes and opportunities for researcher through CRUK itself. Click on the link below to see an overview of the main funding opportunities available through CRUK.
Other CRUK Funding
All Imperial Funding Schemes
To see all potential internal funding opportunities at Imperial College London, please visit the research office website. However, we would like to highlight the the Imperial Confidence in Concept Fund (ICiC)
- The ICiC scheme provides pilot funding to researchers to bridge the potential gap between discovery research to translational development projects.
- For more infomation please visist the ICiC website
- Funding amount: typically £50 - 80k
Funding Translation through External Sources
For a useful list of other potential sources of external funding, particularly when considering the translation and commercialisation of your work, please visit the funding opportunities page of the enterprise website to see an extensive list of potential funding avenues.