The Department's research activities are organised into six interdisciplinary Research Themes: Advanced Catalysis and Synthesis; Chemical Biology and Healthcare; Environmental and Green Chemistry; Energy; Materials and Molecular Design & Imaging, Sensing and Analytical Chemistry.
The MRes courses available in the department are listed below. More information about each course and applying can be found through each link.
- MRes in Advanced Molecular Synthesis
- MRes in Bioimaging Sciences
- MRes in Plant Chemical Biology
- MRes in Chemical Biology and PhD
- MRes in Chemical Biology (one-year standalone course)
- MRes in Catalysis: Chemistry & Engineering
- MRes in Drug Discovery and Development: Multidisciplinary Science for Next Generation Therapeutics
- MRes in Green Chemistry: Energy and the Environment
- MRes in Nanomaterials
The MRes courses listed below are associated with the department.
- MRes in Plastic Electronics and PhD
- Theory and Simulation of Materials CDT
- MRes in Molecular Science and Engineering
Dr. James Wilton-Ely
MRes Director of Studies
Dr. Mike Ray
MRes Programme Coordinator
Apply and Studentships