Study Abroad Programme
Autumn term 2020-21 news
This course will begin on schedule in Autumn and we look forward to seeing new and returning students in person, if travel and visa arrangements allow. If students can’t travel to campus in time for the start of term, the Department has made plans to still provide them a high-quality remote educational experience during the Autumn term.
Teaching will be a combination of on-campus (in-person) and remote learning (online), known as ‘multi-mode’ delivery. The balance in the ‘multi-mode’ offering may be subject to change. We will do our best to provide you increased on-campus teaching and research activities as we progress throughout the year. For more information about multi-mode delivery, the learning experience and the steps we’ll be taking to keep students safe on campus, please see our Covid-19 information for applicants and offer holders page.
We will update our course pages with further details once they are finalised.
The department of chemistry has many international exchange partners that enable undergraduates to experience student life, culture, study and research in another country. These placements are fantastic for personal and professional development and also demonstrate to future employers that students are adaptable and have a diverse perspective and ways of thinking.
NOTE Study abroad placements can only be hosted at higher-education institutes where an approved EXCHANGE partnership WITH IMPERIAL's department of chemistry exists.
Previous English-speaking and non-English speaking approved partners include:
- Australia - The University of Melbourne
- France - École Normale Supérieure , École Polytechnique, Ecole Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles of Paris
- Germany - Leibniz Universität, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
- Spain - Universitat de Barcelona, Universitat de València
- The Netherlands - Universiteit Leiden
- Singapore - Nangyang Technological University
- Switzerland - Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- USA - Emory University, Georgia Tech, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
You can find further specific guidance for Imperial Students (i.e. outbound) and Visting Students (i.e. inbound) in the relevant subsections on this webpage.