19 - 22 February 2018
- Duration: 4 days
- Fees Medical Doctors:
- 4 day Specialist Modules - £800
- Optional assessment for specialist modules - £250
- Fees Nurses/Allied Health Professionals:
- 4 day Specialist Modules - £500
- Optional assessment for specialist modules- £250
- Contact us
Step 1: Email us your qualifications and/or a short CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Register Online (for those accepted on the course)
Approval sought from the Royal College of Physicians for 24 credits
This module looks at the guidelines, policy and legislation in relation to Tobacco.
Smoking cessation strategies are explored in detail.
Brief outline of content
- History of smoking, worldwide statistics and variations
- Why is smoking cessation work necessary?
- Profiles and three stages of smokers
- Forms of smoking cessation therapy
- Is there one successful method?
- The role of support in smoking cessation
- The role as educator
- Personal attitude to smoking
- Smoking cessation techniques
- Smoking cessation and hypnotherapy
- Running a smoking cessation group
- Running one to one sessions
- Literature review of smoking cessation programmes
Coursework submission: Friday 13th April
Presentations: Wednesday 13th June