General and Aortic Surgery
Delivery of these short courses will be suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not run in 2021. Please check back on the website for an update in early 2022.
The overarching theme for the General and Aortic Surgery short course is innovation with The Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum at its core. This course will link the differing aspects of vascular surgery into a cohesive syllabus to give trainee surgeons, vascular surgeons and healthcare practitioners, a greater insight into the overall management of vascular surgery.
Themes, aims and teaching
Attendees will be introduced to and experience themes and topics by way of academic debate and critique of journal articles. Links to practice are developed throughout the week with discussions of anatomical and pathological principles of arterial and venous disease, critiques of journal papers, evaluation of main trials in the field, rationales for treatment strategies as well as step by step treatment strategies to emphasise potential complications and risks. Themes and topics include:
- biology of arterial disease
- the aorta
- minimally invasive strategies
- quality and organisation of services
Who is the course suitable for
The General and Aortic Surgery short course welcomes surgeons in training in the NHS, healthcare practitioners and multidisciplinary support staff involved in the care and treatment of vascular surgery patients. Discounts are available for NHS employees.
What to expect
- World-class tuition and expertise from the domain of vascular surgery.
- The opportunity to work alongside masters students, with a ‘taster’ opportunity for attendees with an eye on postgraduate study.
- The course is intense, Monday to Friday and nine to five. Refreshments will be available at the start of the day.
- The option to take part in formal assessment at Masters level in a world class university and receive a transcript from Imperial College London and obtain a certificate of attendance for your portfolio.
There are 25 places available.
Fees and registering
To find out more about eligibility and fee status, assessment or certificate options please get in touch email@example.com.