The Engineering Design theme addresses long term intellectual problems supporting the design and manufacture of products and systems, through understanding the user experience, the product itself and the processes and people who create them.
Output of the research include:
- Advancing and developing research theories
- Impacting practice through new design methods and tools, new products, materials and systems, experiences and processes (design, development and innovation).
The engineering design theme broadly covers:
- Creativity, design cognition and Creativity tools
- Product development processes
- User experience
- Engineering Knowledge and data
- Complex Products and Systems