AD(H)D as a Specific Learning Difficulty
If you have been assessed by an Educational Psychologist or Specialist Assessor at Imperial College and your report states that you have ADHD as an SpLD please note the following information.
- Any further AD(H)D medical referral must be made by a GP.
- A GP cannot prescribe some medications such as Ritalin without a full medical assessment for AD(H)D.
- This full medical assessment requires a futher screening appointment with a Consultant Psychiatrist or Assessment and Brief Treatment Team (ABT).
- If the student's screening is positive, a referral will be made to an Adult AD(H)D service.
- Blood tests, blood pressure tests and ECGs etc may be needed prior to the referral.
- The process will take on average 6 month to 1 year.
If you haven't already done so, you must book and attend a feedback meeting with a Disability Advisor.