Equality, Diversity and Culture Committee
Get in touch!
We welcome questions, feedback and suggestions — please contact Anna McCormick or a member of the Committee
Each department in the Faculty of Engineering has its own Equality, Diversity and Culture Committee. The committee's work is guided by the Imperial College EDI Strategy.
Terms of Reference
- To actively engage students and staff with maintaining and developing a culture that supports a good work life balance that is supportive and respectful of all.
- To act as a conduit for disseminating information and gathering feedback.
- To identify potential equality, diversity and departmental culture issues.
- To develop proposed actions that address equality and diversity issues faced by the department.
- To act as the Athena Swan self - assessment team.
- To oversee delivery of the Athena Swan action plan.
Our Athena SWAN Action Plan
- monitor staff and student data, to ensure that any gender inequalities and unconscious biases are highlighted as early as possible
- promote the benefits of flexible working arrangements, support for maternity, paternity and adoptive leave, and career breaks
- improve our recruitment processes including advertising and shortlisting
- improve career development and promotion opportunities across all job families, ensuring that women do not experience barriers to success
- increase representation of women in the department, promote our women's society and invite women speakers, ensure more women are represented on department committees
- ensure the communication of our Athena SWAN goals and provide regular formal progress updates
- Membership Chair: Eric Yeatman
- Department Champion: Jeremy Pitt
- Department Champion: Anna McCormick
- Professor: Esther Rodriguez-Villegas
- Professor: George Constantinides
- Reader: Eric Kerrigan (also sits on Faculty EDCC)
- Reader: Christos Bouganis
- Lecturer: Dan Goodman
- PGR Student Representative: Cat Buizza
- Professional Services: Alice Ashley-Smith / Jason Murray
- Professional Services: Lina Brazinskaite
- Professional Services: Kay Hancox
- Teaching Fellow: Ed Stott
- College Athena Coordinator: Rob Bell
- Undergraduate and postgraduate student members. The Committee may choose to co-opt additional members.
Committee membership aims to include representation from academic staff, teaching staff, professional, techical and operational staff, postdocs, undergraduates, and postgraduates. The committee is represented on the Faculty of Engineering Equality, Diversity and Culture Committee (FEDCC)