Work Experience Guidance for Supervisors
Each year the Department takes on a small number of Y10-Y13 school students for a short period of work experience. This is only available to students who have already been in contact with a supervisor and have their agreement.
The College's webpages contain full information and documents for supervisors taking on a work experience student.
Setting up the placement
- Read the Guidance for Managers
- Send the Work Experience Placement Agreement to the student. They need to return the completed form to you before the placement starts
- When the Work Experience Placement Agreement is returned to you, you should send it to the Department's Education Manager
- Complete a Children and Young Person Risk Assessment and send it to the Department's Safety Officer - please refer to the HSE's information about work restrictions for young people before completing the form
- Email College Insurance with the student's name and placement dates
- Carry out a Right to Work check if the student is 16 or older
- Carry out a First Day Safety assessment
- Complete a Work Experience induction checklist and send it to the Department's Education Manager
- If you receive any documents from the school please send them to the Department's Education Manager
Any questions? Contact the Department's Education Manager