White City Innovators' Programme
The White City Innovators’ Programme is designed to give entrepreneurs and early-stage start-up companies free access to work space and workshops to help them grow and develop.
The pre-accelerator is about ensuring you and your company is ready to take the next steps to grow your business, from learning about the responsibilities of company directorship to what angel investors really look for. A pitch at the end of the five weeks gives you a taster of what it might be like if you get through to an accelerator or find yourself in front of a potential funder.
The five week programme gives entrepreneurs and start-up technology companies free space to work at the Imperial White City Incubator and access to change makers and innovators.
You will interact with sector experts through a series of workshops, mentoring and networking opportunities.
- Week 1: Programme intro and getting the basics right
- Week 2: Business operations and customer validation
- Week 3: Branding and funding
- Week 4: Sales and growing your company
- Week 5: Next steps, practice pitch and final pitch day
Who should apply?
The Innovators’ Programme is open to Imperial College postgraduate students, researchers, staff and alumni as well as local entrepreneurs and companies based in the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
You should apply for the Innovators’ Program if:
- You are an entrepreneur with an innovative idea, product or early-stage company based in the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham;
- You are a researcher based at Imperial College with novel IP and you want to discover more about turning that IP into a company;
- You are an Imperial College Alumni who has developed an innovative idea and wants support to turn that idea into a business.
If you have an innovative, product, idea or company we want to hear from you. Excited about the program but not sure if you should apply? Reach out to the programme team (details at the bottom of this page) for more information.
To apply for the Innovators' Programme you must have:
- An innovative product/service/idea
- Raised less than £500,000 in investment (or less than £500,000 in annual sales)
- Fewer than 5 employees
- Availability to participate in the programme on the White City campus
- Never won a competition before
- Your company must be less than three years old
How to apply
Applications for the 2020 cohort will be opening soon. To register your interest in applying, please email Richelle McNae, Entrepreneurial Programmes Coordinator.